But I don't WANT to spend any more money on this car!

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
MIL P13D6 means glow plug/pressure sensor error somewhere in this stupid engine. arrggh, take it away already. :mad:

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
I thought the CBEA/CJAA was advanced enough to set a code specific to which cylinder has the faulty plug/sensor?

You need to buy back your Blue MK4 Jetta (or buy my MK4 wagon for sale :D)

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I thought the CBEA/CJAA was advanced enough to set a code specific to which cylinder has the faulty plug/sensor?

Yes, but I have not plugged VCDS in yet.

And, woe is me, that ship has sailed (the Mk 4 wagon is a good option!)

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
MIL P13D6 means glow plug/pressure sensor error somewhere in this stupid engine. arrggh, take it away already. :mad:
You have 4 of these. I think that years had the sensor on each cylinder.

I've got a vag and a like for craft beer. Let me know.

M

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
You have 4 of these. I think that years had the sensor on each cylinder.
I've got a vag and a like for craft beer. Let me know.
M
Hi Mark
I have a cable too and I like craft beer. I suggest testing the car and drinking beer till the pain goes away. :D
Fred
PS I have already figured that one of the pressure sensors has failed. I cleared the code with Scan Gauge but it came back. Funny thing is (actually nothing funny about it at all) when the glow plugs failed 88 000 kms ago with the relay, there were NO MILs...What. The. Fuzz!

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
I suspect the sensor gives a different code. I've only got 2 on mine, which i find odd since it's a V6.

and craft beer, yeah, we need to all get together soon too.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I suspect the sensor gives a different code. I've only got 2 on mine, which i find odd since it's a V6.

and craft beer, yeah, we need to all get together soon too.
the smarta$$es who designed the new 'glow plug' decided to put a pressure sensor on each, so that the old one that cost a few bucks a piece are now about $150 per. I did find an eBay site in Hungary that has 4 for about 150$.

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
I know, a pain. the GP may be fine, the sensor will toss errors.

I think yours are the same as mine, about $120 US each. I replaced the two in mine and was floored by the cost.

M

tassolake

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 TDI PD 5sp
Fred, You are welcome to join the MK5 support group, we gather over Kegs of Beer at the cottage why we complain about the poor situation VW has put us in with our MK5 TDI's. At any time this summer you feel the need for support, we meet on the dock towards the north end of Tasso Lake at the big brown wet slip boat house (only one on the lake). The keg is Canadian and all are welcome. No judgement is made on previous decisions and all views of VW are welcome (yet few are positive when it comes to the MK5).

Let me know when you want to show up......

Here is were you can find us. https://www.google.ca/maps/search/t...ion/@45.4072091,-79.2244509,11z/data=!3m1!4b1 yes that arrow will bring you right to the boat house.

Last edited:

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Fred, You are welcome to join the MK5 support group, we gather over Kegs of Beer at the cottage why we complain about the poor situation VW has put us in with our MK5 TDI's. At any time this summer you feel the need for support, we meet on the dock towards the north end of Tasso Lake at the big brown wet slip boat house (only one on the lake). The keg is Canadian and all are welcome. No judgement is made on previous decisions and all views of VW are welcome (yet few are positive when it comes to the MK5).

Let me know when you want to show up......

Here is were you can find us. https://www.google.ca/maps/search/t...ion/@45.4072091,-79.2244509,11z/data=!3m1!4b1 yes that arrow will bring you right to the boat house.
can I bring a keg of Nickel Brook? hehehe

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
wonder what the wholesale price is...when the shop in Cambridge replaced mine (the relay had burned them all out) he charged me about $150 per unit...

krazykipa

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf TDI (RIP), 2006 Jetta Wagon TDI
It says right in the listing that it's for 4 plugs. Comes out to $40 per.

For what it's worth I got an OEM genuine FTE slave cylinder off a chinese eBay seller for half price ($35 shipped) a while back. Complete with VW part number and logo, the tooling costs to fake things like that don't make sense for these specific parts. Usually with these second world sellers the parts "fell off a truck" or an employee is looking for some side action.

The VW parts counter price on 03L905061G is $170.86 and dealer price is $136.69.

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
wonder what the wholesale price is...when the shop in Cambridge replaced mine (the relay had burned them all out) he charged me about $150 per unit...
I had a shop replace both of mine, and it was more than $150, and that was two years ago too.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
with the CR? no, the relay burned out all the glow plugs, no fault codes were thrown, the repair shop managed to frag the car...I had taken it to them for 'cold start issues'

mu3098

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 VW Jetta TDI, 2011 VW Golf Wagon TDI
Have you tried reseating (removing and reinstalling) the electrical connectors on the glow plugs to rule out a weak/loose electrical connection causing the fault code.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Have you tried reseating (removing and reinstalling) the electrical connectors on the glow plugs to rule out a weak/loose electrical connection causing the fault code.
good plan, will try that, thanks! funny, it started as one code, now the other other day, another plug decided to join the party.

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI

P13D6 for cylinder 3, P13D4 also for cylinder 3 pressure sensor (different codes, same plug). so far, after clearing only cylinder P13D6 came back on. there is some stuttering/hesitation and I was thinking that there might be air in the fuel line, now I am not so sure.

Last edited: