Bring on the Touran........Please

Jim Williston

Veteran Member
TDI
silver 00 NB
Merna nad I just returned from a 2 week tour of Germany and Austria. While there, we saw the new Touran (tall Mk5 Golf wagon/minivan), and were very impressed by the size/concept, and the thought of the 2L, 16v 134 bhp TDI with the 6 spd DSG gearbox. We saw perhaps 20-30 on the road, and although we didn't get a chance to drive it, it ia rated at near 50 mpg, nad has plenty of TDI power. It would serve our needs very well, if only VWoA would see fit to import it to the US. I wonder if it would help if others who need more room yet desire the economy and performance of a 134 hp TDI would solicit VWoA with requests to bring the Touran to the USA.
Jim

TheLongshot

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon '03 Reflex Silver
Considering I've heard that the Jetta Wagon might be discontinued in the near future, it would be a nice replacement. I've seen some good pictures on the VWVortex site...

Jason

Variant TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf Variant, Reflex Silver
For many, who need more room than the Passat/Jetta Variant can offer, a Touran is still too small. Sure, it offers more celing height than a Jetta Wagon, but for folks like me, with 3 dogs, and kids inthe future... I need something Sharan sized, but not nearly as ugly as the NewBus.

Forget the Touran. I want the Sharan TDI.

Rob_from_Elkmont

Veteran Member
The April or May issue of Diesel Car has a review of the Touran. It was very positive. Nothing to say but good things, especially the new 2.0L PD TDI. The vehicle is based off of the new A5 platform, so it is bigger than the existing A4 based Jetta/Golf/NB.

VW is saying that there is currently no market segment in the US for this vehicle. But, in an article at VWVORTEX, VW is quoted saying that it would not take much to make it saleable in North America. Let's get out our pins and write VWOA requesting the Touran with 2.0L TDI for the USA!

Best Regards,

Rob