brandonk's green tdi

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: brandonk\'s green tdi

Hey Brandonk, how do you like your MIM wheels. I got the Palermos (16") a couple of months ago. I weighed the tire/wheel assembly and found the 16" setup to be nine pounds heavier than the stock 15" alloys...not happy about this but I do like the wheel on the car. Have had a lot of compliments.

**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Brandonk, how do you like your MIM wheels. I got the Palermos (16") a couple of months ago. I weighed the tire/wheel assembly and found the 16" setup to be nine pounds heavier than the stock 15" alloys...not happy about this but I do like the wheel on the car. Have had a lot of compliments.

BrandonK

Veteran Member

I like the MIM wheels. I don't know what they weigh, but I wanted a 17" setup. The car's handling (with a stock suspension) is so much better after the wheel/tire switch. My deciding factors for the MIM Ravenna was; they don't look too "ricey" and their price at $115 per wheel. Their being Italian rather than Asian was a plus. Dualdiesel, the MIM Palermo is very good looking wheel. BUT, $140 each compared the $95 for the Ravena in 16"...ouch! Do you have pics of your car to post? For those interested in the MIM Wheel line-up, see them at tires.com. My MIM/Kumho set-up in 225/45/17 was $1010 shipped, all inclusive.

------------------
2000 Bright Pearl Green Jetta TDI
17" MiM Ravenna wheels w/ Kumho 225/45-17 tires http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1187739&a=9152207

[This message has been edited by brandonk (edited October 03, 2000).]

**DONOTDELETE**

I looked at a lot of different wheel designs and a couple of bucks one way or the other wasn't a big deal. I bought from Discount Tire and I think the price was around $1000 for everything including shipping.

The handling and the stability of the car is better but the setup has definitely degraded ride quality which is an issue to me since the roads in eastern MA suck.

JWeb

Without totally trying to make your head swell...your car is what I have pictured in my mind as "the perfect Jetta/Bora"...nice job...as soon as my '98 TDI hits 100,000 or so miles (40,000 miles away) I want your car...nice job.

BrandonK

Veteran Member

JWeb, Thanks for the nice words. I'm proud of how much better the car looks and handles with the 17" wheels. Initially, I was scared of switching the wheels out. As I laugh at all of those messed-up looking Hondas with chromed wheels. I didn't want my car to look "ricey." The only major projects left are; adding a leather ("Katzkin") interior and maybe a better suspension. Thanks again.

------------------
2000 Bright Pearl Green Jetta TDI

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1187739&a=9152207