Brand new jetta 2014 all dash lights on!

shloho

TDI
2014 Jetta
They just called me saying it's fixed. I've been back and forth with vwoa on a replacement car. I told them this is a safety issue. They said they need to wait for the car to be fixed, talk with the dealership, before they can decide on a new replacement. I'm waiting for a call back, but we all know what the response will be. "That's why there's a warranty ".

Sent from my XT1056 using Tapatalk

shloho

TDI
2014 Jetta
Since I made the move to Vw and I'm under warranty for 3 years, I don't want to piss them off, but I really want to do what you said.

millerman61

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI Premium w/Nav, DSG. Bought back on 12/23/16
They said they'd consider covering $35 a day. Only consider. Its costing me more than $50. This experience has been such a disaster that if I could go back I'd never choose Vw.

Call VWOA. I bet they will cover entire cost of the the rental at least and give you money back for what you have already paid out of pocket.

shloho

TDI
2014 Jetta
Call VWOA. I bet they will cover entire cost of the the rental at least and give you money back for what you have already paid out of pocket.
That's who I spoke to. They said they'd consider $35 a day. They say they're not obligated to provide a loaner.

crewcabrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 1.8 TSI SEL
I really hope that its fixed this time.

When you pick up the car I would inspect everything you can. Make sure its clean, and I would tell them when you had it towed in here, you just got done detailing the car and you would appreciate having it back in teh same condition.

I hope you keep us posted, I'm currious to see how the dealer experience is handled and if the issue persists.

Rob

crewcabrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 1.8 TSI SEL
Thats almost two car payments... and you wouldn't have had that expense if you didn't buy a new VW...

Just like someone else said, this is starting to piss me off too.

Rob

shloho

TDI
2014 Jetta
Yes I picked it up. Drives great as always. Nervous about safety. Won't take the kids in it now. Wondering how long it'll be before it's back in the shop.

shloho

TDI
2014 Jetta
Vw says they're still trying to determine whether a replacement car is possible. Supposed to call me today... I have no real hope that the outcome will be favorable for me

crewcabrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 1.8 TSI SEL
Good luck! With kids, that would be a concern of mine too. I have kids, but they are older now: both in college, so if a car breaks down, it isn't as much of a proplem saftey wise.

Rob

TDIx2

Veteran Member
Saginaw Mi ~ looking out for deer and dangerous pe
TDI
2014 Jetta
Vw says they're still trying to determine whether a replacement car is possible. Supposed to call me today... I have no real hope that the outcome will be favorable for me

When they call you to tell you that they will not cover the rental car amount ask them for their first and last name. When they ask you why, and they will, just tell them since this you first VW you are in contact with the local news. They have been following your story with your new VW car ownership experience. Tell them you want to be clear who you talked to for when the local news interviews you infront of the dealership. Then you can ask them if this is their final position because you want to be fair and give them every chance to make it right. You can also call the dealership and ask to speak to owner and run the same along to them. I bet they will make every effort possible to make it right with you, they just need to be motivated to do so.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Hate to say it, but you probably shouldn't have rented a car with the expectation that VW would pay for it. If you had insisted they rent you a car and pick up the tab you wouldn't have to chase payment. But since you selected the rental and incurred the cost I think it may be hard to recover.

If I were in your position I'd have done what you did, but I probably wouldn't hold out a lot of hope to get paid back.

crewcabrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 1.8 TSI SEL
Sounds like he may not have had any options. Some people only have one car and when it is in the shop, a rental is about the only thing to do.

Rob

shloho

TDI
2014 Jetta
I have two cars, but my wife uses that for work and other stuff. So, yeah, one car. The first time it happened I still had my old car. After they "fixed" the jetta, and I was told it would never happen again (lol), I sold the other car. So the next time it happened I was up the creek...

shloho

TDI
2014 Jetta
Vwoa called and said they'd reimburse the total cost of the rental and that they'd also replace the car. I don't believe anything till I see it, but that's what they said... If it comes through, then they'd earn some points by me for sure.

crewcabrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 1.8 TSI SEL
That sounds like a win in my book! A new car you can trust and they will take care of the related cost.

Glad to hear they are making good on trying to keep a customer happy.

Rob

shloho

TDI
2014 Jetta
Will see if they follow through. I don't see why not, but I don't tend to get excited till things happen

crewcabrob

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta 1.8 TSI SEL
That rocks! Glad you had a happy ending for your first new car purchase.

Does this count as your second new car?

:)

Rob

shloho

TDI
2014 Jetta
That rocks! Glad you had a happy ending for your first new car purchase.

Does this count as your second new car?

:)

Rob
Lol. Good question. The department that handles the replacement vehicles just called me. I'll update you as soon as they update me...

shloho

TDI
2014 Jetta
Just saw the car they're replacing mine with. It's white on beige. Really looking forward to getting it. Rep said should take 3-4 business days.

RDC98tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta 6MT Prem / (RIP) '98 Jetta 5MT [280k+mi]
That is great news! I hope your opinion of the car isn't too soured. Keep us updated!

shloho

TDI
2014 Jetta
Small update. Just got a check from Vw of America for the full cost of the rental. The replacement process is waiting on the final paperwork being received by the dealer. Was supposed to happen today but may not happen till Wednesday. Will keep you updated.

shloho

TDI
2014 Jetta
Alright people, here's the big update. Just picked up the new car. White on cornsilk(?) Interior. They even upgraded me to TDI premium for half the price! ( I had a comfortline trim level). It cost me $835 for the next trim level. All in all, VW did right by me. I'm pretty happy right now.

shloho

TDI
2014 Jetta
Did they ever say what was wrong with the old car? That abs module thing seemed hard to believe. Glad you got everything resolved and the new car looks great!!
Thanks! They replaced the whole module/computer. It took them 9 days and help from the motherboard (main VW Tech office) to get it done. I saw the itemized bill. It cost them almost $3000 just for that service. They needed to take apart several items to get to the module. Apparently , they didn't do such a great job putting it back together because the first time it rained , the drivers side windshield wiper was loose and wouldn't work. Had to go back to the dealer. Also, the alignment was off upon getting it back. And lastly, the suspension was beginning to creak. Was seriously getting nervous about driving that car. Didn't make a big deal about the last few items because they had already told me they were replacing the car. All in all, it didn't give me any confidence at all in my local Vw dealer tech service.