Brakes

Tuzlo

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Platinum Grey Jetta
OK, I know I posted on this topic in Dec or Jan but for the life of me I cant find it. Jeff, me and you were talkin about it when I was down a while back too. I need a complete brake job, other than Pads and disks is there anything else I need?

kburrell

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
The other supplies you will need are Brake Cleaner, emery cloth for sliders, slider lube, anti seize, rags and nitrle gloves. If you are doing the brakes during a GTG at Jeffs, I have slider lube and anti seize I can bring, there are rags and gloves there so all you would need is some emery cloth and a tin of brake cleaner. Princess auto often has brake cleaner on special.

Bmarc

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Should take about 3 hours if that (more people less time). Mine took me 3 days due to missing tools and broken parts. That and I had them put back together and realized I had a sticking caliper that I had to take apart and rebuild. Also if you know how to use the tools and everything it is easier.

Also get brake fluid, might as well put new fluid in while you're at it.

Bixby

TDI
Jetta, 2001, black
I've got the rear brake reset tool! GTG in Truro?
Pick up your brake parts at Brian Harrison's place in Stewiacke on the way here.

Last edited:

Bmarc

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Pretty much something you need to do it. You could probably attempt the job without it but you'd be in for more trouble then its worth.