brake pad question!!

bowlerman

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta tdi black
i remember people telling me thast certain made disc pads were harder material than others so that they last longer? whos makes the harder material ones? thanks

20ValveT

Veteran Member
I have an A3 tdi and I use Brembo cross drilled discs with Brembo performance pads. This combo works great on these cars. You will no belive the difference in braking. I've had them in the car for many months now and when I checked them recently I could not notice any wear of the pads what so ever. Hope this helps.

20ValveT

Veteran Member
I have an A3 tdi and I use Brembo cross drilled discs with Brembo performance pads. This combo works great on these cars. You will no belive the difference in braking. I've had them in the car for many months now and when I checked them recently I could not notice any wear of the pads what so ever. Hope this helps.

20ValveT

Veteran Member

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
If you're looking for longer lasting brake parts, rotors / pads etc. do not buy the OE stuff. The VW brake pads wear like there's no tomorrow and they must have a fairly high metalic content because the rotors disappear pretty fast.

I think the pads I used on my 94 Golf were from Napa. They were not an expensive pad but I have noticed that they have lasted a long time. The pads / rotors on my 97 TDI are OE VW replacements with 11,000 miles on them and already the rotors are looking old...and it produces a lot of dust.

I'd do a search online including the words like "dust free" etc. or "dustless" and see what you find.

good luck
steve a