Braided Turbo Feed Line Kit VW A3/B4 AHU/1Z Replaces Original 028145771BC

TDI
98 Jetta
COMPLETE CUSTOM BRAIDED OIL FEED LINE KIT

$79 complete includes USPS 1st Class to US destinations with tracking.

I've sole a dozen or so of these kits on EBAY (user Green1Eng search "Braided Turbo Feed Line Kit VW A3/B4 AHU/1Z Replaces Original 028145771BC")
all with positive feedback - mine's working great too!

For AHU and 1Z motors on Volkswagen B4 Passats and A3 Jetta TDIs

Replaces OEM Hard Feed Line 028145771BC and associated fittings

Jetta TDI MkIII (A3 body style - AHU engine)(1997-1999)
Passat TDI (B4 Passat with 1Z or AHU engine)(1996-1997)

NOTE TO BUYERS: This kit includes BOTH turbo fittings. If you know which fitting you need I offer a $10 discount (please specify fitting with offer). I will also refund $10 if you return the unused fitting within 1 month after receipt of the kit (you pay return postage). Please see below regarding turbo end fitting.

INCLUDES FOLLOWING:

Note that actual parts supplied may differ SLIGHTLY from photos due to minor differences between various suppliers. I will be happy to send you a photo of the exact parts in stock - just send me a message.

* Custom Length Braided Nylon Line (with plated steel swivel 4AN fittings)

* Turbo End Union Fitting plated steel (Warner/KKK and GARRETT turbo fittings included - see below)

* Oil Supply End M12x1.5 Banjo Fitting plated steel

* Crush Washers

* Cushioned P Clamp

* Protective Bushing

* Detailed installation instructions with photos, suggested tools, etc.

PLEASE READ ALL THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION CAREFULLY BEFORE ORDERING!

Turbo End Union Fitting Information: The A3/B4 TDI uses one of two different turbos which have different thread sizes at the oil feed line connection. The original equipment fitting is replaced with the supplied fitting, so if you are switching turbo types this kit will save you the additional cost of purchasing the alternate OEM union used with the hard line. This kit comes with BOTH fittings, but if you know what you need I will accept an offer $10 less than my selling price (specify fitting with offer), or you can return the unused fitting within one month for a $10 refund (you pay return shipping)

KKK TURBO (Borg Warner)= M12 x 1.5mm thread (new union replaces OEM 028145786)

GARRETT TURBO = M10 x 1 thread (new union replaces OEM 045115677A)

About the kit: I designed this kit for my 1998 Jetta TDI (AHU engine) after the hard line fitting at the turbo end developed a significant leak. I wanted a braided line setup, but wasn't satisfied that any I found were going to provide a correct and professional fit for the AHU/1Z engine - some others were designed for the newer engines and stated they could be also be supplied for AHU/1Z (but without details), did not have the correct end fittings to avoid interference, or were a generic type with various fittings of questionable quality (some aluminum) and tubing that was too long. I tried a few different hose lengths and fitting combinations before I was satisfied with the result. The hose in this kit is high quality stainless braided nylon with professionally crimped 4AN plated steel swivel (female) 4AN fittings on each end - straight on the oil supply end and 90 degree on the turbo end. The union and banjo fittings are high quality plated steel with correct straight threads to oil supply and turbo and male 4AN to the tube connection. These 4AN fittings do not have a small bore restriction found on some turbo fittings.

Warranty and Returns: I expect this kit will provide you (and me!) with many years of trouble free service when installed according to instructions. I will replace any defective parts for one year. Not responsible for any damage or other liability as a consequence of misuse or failure of any parts in this kit beyond replacement of any defective parts for up to one year. If you are not satisfied with this kit you may return it unused within two weeks for a refund (you pay the return shipping). You may return the unused turbo union fitting within four weeks for a $10 refund (you pay return shipping).

PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE FOR FURTHER INFORMATION OR QUESTIONS!

Mark

98JettaBioDiesel

Last edited:

gfnetadmin

Veteran Member
TDI
97 Passat
Bump for an older Vendor For Sale thread,, just installed one of these lines on my '97 B4. No more leaks, good fitment, having a new clamp included was helpful. Sent a message to seller after the Ebay purchase, KKK turbo, received the advertised $10 refund, I did use a slightly larger and longer piece of rubber hose to protect the line where it goes behind the "orb of death", secured with small wire ties. Mark, if someone sends you a '96 B4 oil line, can you make up one for them too?

TDI
98 Jetta
fgnetadmin:
I have supplied a 96 Passat type which has a shorter 4AN line and M10x1 fitting at the head (turbo end fittings same as other kit M10x1 or M12x1.5)
Same price as the other kit, allow 1-2 weeks for delivery as due to lower demand I no longer keep all the components for these kits in stock.

TDI Jim

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, 1996 Passat Variant (RIP), 2002 Jetta Wagon, 1995 Passat Variant TDI conversion brought back from the dead, 1997 Passat Variant project, and returned 2014 Passat
Looks like a great upgrade! Can you also install this on a 1996 1Z/AHU so it supplies oil from the oil cooler area directly to the turbo, instead of from the cylinder head?

TDI
98 Jetta
TDI Jim:
The kit is (already) for the 1Z/AHU with oil supply at the cooler (not cylinder head). Photo above shows connection with banjo bolt at the cooler. The other application I mentioned above (on sept 20, 2021) is 96 passat type, which I don't think is 1Z/AHU engine. That engine has oil supply at end of cylinder head and uses a shorter line. I'm pretty sure if you have a 96 with 1Z/AHU it's probably not a Passat (?) and thus you would use our regular 1Z/AHU kit. I list it on Ebay so you could check it out there (my seller name is Green1Eng), I'll sell direct for $79 ($89 on ebay to offset their fees). If you know which turbo fitting you need it's $10 less either way. Due to reduced demand I no longer keep everything for the kit in stock, so advise a 15 day shipping delay (typically about 7 days).

TDI Jim

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat, 1996 Passat Variant (RIP), 2002 Jetta Wagon, 1995 Passat Variant TDI conversion brought back from the dead, 1997 Passat Variant project, and returned 2014 Passat
I have 3 B4 Passats, 2 wagons, one a sedan. One of my wagons has the oil feed line to the end of the cylinder head (so probably a 1Z) and wanted to change it to feeding off the oil cooler and move the low pressure oil senor from the cooler to end of cylinder head like on my AHU's.

casey_tdi97

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta,97,red
Mark, Just completed an ebay order for the oil feed line kit. Hope you do have it in stock ready to ship.
Mine is a 97 Jetta with the 1Z. Currently at my mechanics taking up space on his floor.
Do you know of an oil return like from the turbo as he said mine is a bit iffy and should be replaced as well?

Thanks so much,
Casey.

VW Love

TDI
99 MK3 AHU
TDI Jim:
The kit is (already) for the 1Z/AHU with oil supply at the cooler (not cylinder head). Photo above shows connection with banjo bolt at the cooler. The other application I mentioned above (on sept 20, 2021) is 96 passat type, which I don't think is 1Z/AHU engine. That engine has oil supply at end of cylinder head and uses a shorter line. I'm pretty sure if you have a 96 with 1Z/AHU it's probably not a Passat (?) and thus you would use our regular 1Z/AHU kit. I list it on Ebay so you could check it out there (my seller name is Green1Eng), I'll sell direct for $79 ($89 on ebay to offset their fees). If you know which turbo fitting you need it's $10 less either way. Due to reduced demand I no longer keep everything for the kit in stock, so advise a 15 day shipping delay (typically about 7 days).
Would like to buy a kit if possible! Can’t find the listing on eBay.

TDI
98 Jetta
Yes, I'm still selling this on Ebay. (seller ID=Green1Eng, current listing number is 325400397178 (this changes over time). Due to lower demand I'm not keeping all the components in stock so I quote a 15 day ship time although it's normally about a week. Also had to increase my price to $99 + 5 ship due to my increased costs. As detailed in the listing I deduct (or refund) $10 if you know which turbo fitting you need (otherwise I supply both). I'll deduct additional $10 if you want to purchase directly instead of through ebay due to savings on fees.
Mark W
Mt Baldy, CA

garciapiano

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta TDI (1Z)
I’d like to buy one of these. The one I bought from Kerma is leaking, far too long for the AHU and they’re not responding to my emails…please PM me.