Bolt cracked block?

Muskrat619

Veteran Member
TDI
01 mk4 tdi alh
Was being rushed to put my car back together was running oil pan bolts in with 3/8 electric drill just in to stop then torquing by hand and I heard a weird noise so I looked around and I put a long bolt in a short hole broke a chip off the block above the oil pan bolt am I screwed or will I be ok?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Might be ok. Quick way to tell is to fill it with oil and check for leaks short of pulling it apart. Nothing major is right there so might be one of those drill and tap a larger thread or epoxy in a timesert or something. Engine should be ok though. Fingers crossed.

Muskrat619

Veteran Member
TDI
01 mk4 tdi alh
I can’t upload pics but it’s pushing out silicone and I’m hoping it will stay sealed just wanted to make sure the block wasn’t toast I about **** myself when I say what happened just put rods pistons new cam 60mm turbo injectors list goes on and saw that almost cried

mr.loops

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta, 2003 Bora 1.8T
I can’t upload pics but it’s pushing out silicone and I’m hoping it will stay sealed just wanted to make sure the block wasn’t toast I about **** myself when I say what happened just put rods pistons new cam 60mm turbo injectors list goes on and saw that almost cried

Tough to give advice without seeing pics.

On a side note, why is it so difficult to post frigging pictures on this site? I can file my taxes quicker than it is to load up a simple picture?!

*** excluding Tapatalk of course****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Just pretend you're back in 1998, then pics.tdiclub.com will make perfect sense!:D
im sure it was even more of a pain then. now were just too lazy to figure out how to do it. its not bad really. go to photos, login. upload photo. copy thumbnail address. click on the insert image icon as your posting. Paste the address in and submit reply. Yeahh, its so simple. lol

mr.loops

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta, 2003 Bora 1.8T
Ok I can’t figure out how to upload photos even with the directions above lol

Sounds about right lol

Personally I would download a free version of Tapatalk and host/post them from there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
Be careful what you ask/wish for. Many forums that have made posting pics very simple are also now full of ads and all sorts of trendy "features" that are very annoying. Simple (except for picture posting) here is good.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Just go to photos. Log in. You have to use your existing user and password to register. Then upload. Not difficult. The confusing part is you have to register your user name and pass you use here to get in.

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
A bit more on posting data-
Short version:
Select Upload button, follow prompts (check your file type)
At the end, harvest the url to use as a link for your post
Note there are 3 sizes with separate urls. For large data use the thumbnail, it shows the full size when clicked.
More complete instructions in my signature.

Muskrat619

Veteran Member
TDI
01 mk4 tdi alh
So finally figured it out and the picture is to large to upload�� anyway it’s not leaking and hasn’t caused any issues but freaking injector is leaking threw the threads woo hoo gonna lap it tonight

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Good to hear. I know that feeling when you just completely fudge the bucket over such a simple thing. You can always just resize the image. There are online apps you can do that with.