Bluetooth and Blackberry Curve

troutbum1971

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI sold... 2012 Jetta TDI sold 13 JSW DSG w/ sunroof
Anyone have trouble connecting their Blackberry Curve to the radio?

I have a 2012 without Nav.

cm12tdi

TDI
12 Jetta TDI 6MT
Sorry, don't have a Blackberry, but am having same problem with my iPhone 4. I'll have to take time to get it to the dealer to find out why. We too have a 2012 w/out Nav.

troutbum1971

Veteran Member
TDI
my iphone works fine......... i just have to make sure i connect my iphone 4s AFTER my ipod, if the phone connects first i can't get my ipod connected. but a friends blackberry will not connect at all

weird

cnw20

TDI
sportwagen
My Samsung Voyager/SCH-u370 connects but just started dropping off after about 1 minute ("no paired phone") - strange, since it has worked fine for about 8 months in my 2012 JSW.

FirstOrbit84

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 2-Door Golf TDI
I have a 2010 Jetta with RCD-510 and phone package, but no steering wheel controls or full MFD.

I had a blackberry bold with os 5 and it worked fine with radio and phone. Now I have a T-Mobile myTouch Q by LG (LG C800) with Android and I have a problem where if I have BT "on" on the phone before starting car, it will only connect to phone in car and not stereo. If I disconnect from car and reconnect, then it will connect to both phone and stereo.

I tried to replicate problem at dealer with 2012 JSW with RCD 510 and it worked fine, but that one had highline MFD cluster and steering wheel controls, and the RCD had "phone" button on it. Mine just says "mute"

GenoBluzGtr

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
My BB Curve 9330 works fine with my 2012 Jetta 513 w/ Nav.

Just had to go step by step in the manual.

one thing I have found is that there is sometimes interference between the Sirius and the bluetooth. My Sirius stopped working, called them and they sent a "re-activiation" signal several times with neg results. The operator then asked if I had the bluetooth connected. Of course I did.... had to disconnect the BT to get the activation signal to start the Sirius working.

No problems since.

cd_booth

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI DSG
The bluetooth audio on my Blackberry Torch does not work with my 2010 Jetta with RCD-510. My bluetooth handsfree works perfectly though. I tried deleting and reconnecting but there's no difference.

troutbum1971

Veteran Member
TDI
my manual does not tell me anything LOL

My BB Curve 9330 works fine with my 2012 Jetta 513 w/ Nav.

Just had to go step by step in the manual.

one thing I have found is that there is sometimes interference between the Sirius and the bluetooth. My Sirius stopped working, called them and they sent a "re-activiation" signal several times with neg results. The operator then asked if I had the bluetooth connected. Of course I did.... had to disconnect the BT to get the activation signal to start the Sirius working.

No problems since.