Blue Tooth Phone - How to do pauses?

DLV

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI ALH 5M silver, 2011 Audi A3 TDI Monza Silver
Does anyone know how to input pauses for the blue tooth voice dial? I have several numbers that I need pauses for menus, extensions, etc.

Medic92

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3
Have you checked the owner's manual?

I think that if you say pause as you enter the number, it will pause. I don't remember exactly what the voice prompt tell you.

NickBeek

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI 2006 Dodge Ram
I went into my phone and entered the pauses. The next time my phone sync'd with the car, the pauses occurred as expect when I dialed via voice command.

Medic92

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3
Also, where did you get the Panzer Plate for your car? I didn't see it listed on DieselGeek website.

DLV

Veteran Member
TDI
Also, where did you get the Panzer Plate for your car? I didn't see it listed on DieselGeek website.
I bought it few months ago before I received the car just as he was discontinuing selling them. In fact I had to modify the mounting brackets slightly to accommodate the A3. I think it's the same plate as the mark V or VI VW.
Try contacting him and discuss. The modification was really quite minor. I did it on a milling machine but I'll bet a Dremel tool would have worked as well.

DLV

Veteran Member
TDI
I finally called the dealer today. Apparently you can't enter a pause via the voice command. The only way to do it is if you have the factory navigation system you can manually enter in the number on the screen to include pauses for a voice activated call. I don't have the factory nav system so I am SOL.

Medic92

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3
I finally called the dealer today. Apparently you can't enter a pause via the voice command. The only way to do it is if you have the factory navigation system you can manually enter in the number on the screen to include pauses for a voice activated call. I don't have the factory nav system so I am SOL.
Can you add the pause in your contact on the phone and just pull it up with the left dial on the steering wheel?

NickBeek

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI 2006 Dodge Ram
I'm on my phone so I can't see what car you're talking about, but see my post above. I can an do use pauses via voice command in my 2011 Jetta. I do not have the Nav option. It worked with my HTC Tilt2 (windows based) and it works with my iPhone 4.

DLV

Veteran Member
TDI
Can you add the pause in your contact on the phone and just pull it up with the left dial on the steering wheel?
Yes you can do that no problem. My issue is that I have about 4,000 contacts.

DLV

Veteran Member
TDI
I went into my phone and entered the pauses. The next time my phone sync'd with the car, the pauses occurred as expect when I dialed via voice command.
I can only voice dial numbers that I have set up. I voice in the name and then the number and it is stored for voice activation. My other ~4,000 contacts can't be voice dialed unless I set them up.

DLV

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm on my phone so I can't see what car you're talking about, but see my post above. I can an do use pauses via voice command in my 2011 Jetta. I do not have the Nav option. It worked with my HTC Tilt2 (windows based) and it works with my iPhone 4.

There is no issue entering pauses on my phone. Many of my contacts have them. The issue is getting them in the voice command. When you enter a new name and number you are voice prompted to verbally give the name and number. I can't verbally enter a pause.

AirmanTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Grey/Black
Are you able to enter the pauses on your phone directly? I have a BB curve and I enter it on the phone...seems to work great with the bluetooth.

AirmanTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Grey/Black
There is no issue entering pauses on my phone. Many of my contacts have them. The issue is getting them in the voice command. When you enter a new name and number you are voice prompted to verbally give the name and number. I can't verbally enter a pause.
oops didn't read far enough down, sorry about that

Fordcougar

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (SOLD)
If you have the option to enter commas ,,, will cause a pause, about one sec per comma. But it can vary. Not sure this will even work in your situation. Just an idea.