Blinkers on In Pro e-codes not working at all :(

veryhumid

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
I just installed blackout in.pro. e-codes and my turn signals and hazard switch do not work. Do I have to use a european headlight switch for these to work? I popped the caps on the back of the in.pro units. They have two wires connected to the blinker light. On my old stock Hella units there are 3 wires. Am I screwed?
:confused:

Last edited:

veryhumid

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
Some new information:

Checked my hazard light switch fuse... blown. Replaced it. Tried to use turn signal... nothing. Tried to use hazard light switch... squeel... pop... blown fuse.

veryhumid

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
a bit more new information:

The turn signal fuse was also popped. After replacing it, I tried the left blinker and it worked! However when I used the right blinker it immediately popped.

Looks like the front end gets to come apart again... Any tips for finding out what is wrong? My plan is to take both lights back out, open up the backs and compare wiring.

weasel

Deactivated Member Account
TDI
None.
I'd start with the right headlight first. Seems to me like you've wired something wrong and created a dead short somehow.

veryhumid

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
the thing is there is nothing to wire... I just connected the connector. I'm very displeased by the quality of these lamps. I'm hoping tmtuning will take care of me.

weasel

Deactivated Member Account
TDI
None.
Could there be an adapter harness that's required ?? Either that or there is something inside the light. I'd take the back cover and have a look at the wires inside. With any luck, you'll find something ..