Black door pillar

JBizz

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 vw golf tdi
Any replacement for that black trim? Im really not liking it cuz everyone uses it to shut the door ?. I wish it came in flat black plastic mines all scratched up some how.

midntdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE 6SP
You are talking about the exterior glossy black B pillars between the front and rear doors, yes? If so why not get a matte black vinyl wrap for it like 3M?

Callipygian

TDI
'15 Golf TDI SEL manual
I noticed the same thing while cleaning yesterday. The piano black plastic inside and out seems pretty cheap, holds dust and fingerprints and is easily scratched. Wonder why they would go with that?

D15SEL

TDI
'15 Golf TDI SEL 6M, '13 Beetle 'vert 6M
Any replacement for that black trim? Im really not liking it cuz everyone uses it to shut the door ��. I wish it came in flat black plastic mines all scratched up some how.
Very same thing happened to my 2007 GTI......could see the circular swirls at most any angle. Swore I would not let it happen to this car. Looked at the pillars just last week and they looked great...clear, no swirls......
But this morning I went out and checked them. Circular swirls on both.
I really believe just the air flying by is doing this as I did not take it to a car wash and only washed and polished and waxed one time......

WiszMaster

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta TDI - Silver, '06 Golf TDI, '06 MB 320 CDI
The finger prints are annoying, the 2012 passat we just picked up a couple weeks ago has the trim as well, and it's crazed on the driver side. Dealer is looking into it to see if they can replace under CPO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk