Biodiesel in Newark Ohio

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
I almost got whiplash. As I drove south on N. Union St from Main St. there was a banner proclaiming biodiesel fuel available. I had to pull in and investigate.

Englefield Oil Co., the local BP distributor that runs the Duke/Duchess and AM/PM locations in central OH, has opened a commercial fueling location (i.e. unattended credit card only operation) in Newark. Exact address is 151 North Union St., Newark, OH, 43055. This place is so new there weren't any oil stains on the concrete.

It has 4 pump locations with a hose on both sides. One location is petrol. Two locations are BP diesel fuel. And the fourth has...

Today, their price for D2 is $2.989. As you can see in the picture B5 is $3.029, B10 is $3.059 and B20 is $3.109. I topped up my tank to show appreciation for Englefield's support of biodiesel. I'll have to run this tank down low and fill it again to see how good it really is.

Thank you, Englefield!

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
YAY!! Love me some options..

altho I still think that Dogwood Crossing is closer to me for most of my commuting.

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
and now I can put my foot in my mouth..

Just last night had a neighbor tell me about another of these cardlock locations, also owned by Englefield Oil. only 6 MILES!!! from my house.

1561 Refugee Rd on the East side of Columbus.

located between Alum Creek Dr & Lockbourne Rd, Just north of Rt 104, this cardlock pumping station has B5 B10 & B20 available as well.

I Filled up there last night.. Just as clean as the one MOGolf mentioned in his post.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
Growler said:
and now I can put my foot in my mouth..
Taste better with with biodiesel instead of dry soot? :p

I've sent an email to Englefield to get more info. Maybe they'll update their website to include a list of locations and other data.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Info received:

We use primarily BP diesel blended with BioDiesel. We purchase soy BioDiesel from Ohio based Peter Creamer. The product we use is BQ-9000® accredited.

We currently have 4 sites open with the BioDiesel offering. They are located at:

151 Union Street
Newark, OH 43055

1580 E. Fifth Avenue
Columbus, OH 43219

1561 Refugee Road
Columbus, OH 43207

3550 Enterprise Drive (Grand Opening Tomorrow!)
Columbus, OH 43228

We hope to offer BioDiesel at additional sites in the future.
And from the operation manager:
"The last fuel sample analysis I have for a B20 blend shows a cetane rating of 44.6."

OhioCoalRoller

TDI
2000 Golf gls tdi
i get b100 from jatro diesel in miamisburg and last fill up it was 2.60 a gallon and is usually 2.40

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Here are 3 Englefield Oil Card only locations for b5, b10, & b20 in Columbus.

Card Only Fueling BP Diesel & BIO-Diesel 3550 Enterprise Ave West OH 43228 No Phone 24/7
Card Only Fueling BP Diesel & BIO-Diesel 1580 East Fifth Ave OH 43219 No Phone 24/7
Card Only Fueling BP Diesel & BIO-Diesel 1561 Refugee Rd. OH 43207 No Phone 24/7

I personally use the Refugee rd location and it has been great for me to get the B20 I run.

Perhaps the 5th ave location is close enough for you.

also here is a Newark Location.
Card Only Fueling BP Diesel & BIO-Diesel 151 Union St. OH 43055 No Phone 24/7

kappa546

TDI
Nope
Great, thanks for the information.

One more question, do you 2009 tdi owners take any special precautions regarding what general gas stations you use? I heard that a lot of the problems with the HPFP failures are in cars in the northeast, I think. I've been spoiled since I've had the car because we get a good quality fuel in Texas (I still tended to use Shell and Chevron almost exclusively), but now that I live here that may or may not be the case. Any input on gas brands?

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Keep a bottle of powerservice silver and a filling funnel in a plastic container in your trunk, and fill up at the high volume stations, or go to the b5 stations i listed all of the time and motor on :)

I cannot suggest anything other than the bio stations because I dont go anywhere else :) unless i am on a roadtrip, and then Ill just hit a truckstop.