Bigger turbo -project

Mustikkapossu

TDI
Passat B5.5 AVF
Hello,

I have just installed gtb2056vzk to my 1.9tdi passat. It has been a long journey thus far and it is still a work in progress, but it didn't break down under testing tonight.

The original turbo blew up (+400000km's driven) and I decided to get a bigger one. My choice was the garrett gtb2056vzk, mainly because I got it for cheap.

After the new turbo had arrived, my friend welded it to the stock manifold. My other friend made the turbo outlet flange and reducer which was welded to stock downpipe (cat intact).
Oil lines are stock.
Boost lines are stock, except 90* silicone bend from compressor outlet.

Unluckily I don't have exhaust pressure sensor yet so I don't dare to make the turbo spool, so my power is very limited. I modified boost target map for ~100mbar of boost ":D" so I won't limp, further limiting the tiny amount of power.

The sound is much more louder now, it's like day and night. I am so pumped about the next steps, which are:
-New boost piping and ic,
-Servo control to vgt, and
-Porting of cylinder head.
Perhaps my clutch needs some work too, maybe something that could handle ~550nm. I suppose stock injectors (pd130) could reach some 250hp without too much egt so that's my target.

tdi_my live

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Fabia
You have to change the N75 map.
Are your PDE the 550?
Or can you tall us the software number like 038906019??