Big Build - am I missing something

diesel4ever

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000, black
A little bit loud with 3" exhaust straight through, but my son likes it. It will be his car anyway.

GT TDI Golf

TDI
2001 Golf TDI
:D My Dad loves my car but complains about it being to loud and smokey. It has a 2.5" catback no muffler exhaust with the stock cat and dp still in place. Wish he had paid for all those mods and gave me my car! Your son is lucky and I'm a bit jealous!

diesel4ever

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000, black
I saw your car in Ypsilanti and it's one cool ride. I am pretty sure you appreciate your car more than my son will his, since you put so much effort and thought into it.

MoldovaDIZEL

Vendor
TDI
mk4 TDI, 98 Cabrio AAZ
You've pretty much done what I'm trying to do with my 2dr. I've got the 6spd sitting in the garage along with a Passenger Performance dp and a PD150 manifold and EGR. 1856 and Eurojet FMIC have been installed for several years. I'm leaving the long block stock. Just need to find an 11mm pump and buy some R520's (PP502's in there now) Need to exchange my stg 3 cam for a stg 2 as well. Glad to hear you're happy with it!
can you explain the reason you would want to downgrade from a stg3 to a stg2 cam?

GT TDI Golf

TDI
2001 Golf TDI
The cast for my head is different from most and doesn't have the clearance for the extra lift on the stg 3 cam. It hit the lifter bosses on cylinders 1 and 3 when I started to torque the head down. If I was planning on removing the head for port and polish (I'd love to but my project car is my Corrado and the TDI is my daily) I would clearance the head for the cam as well. If I could find a spare head for a decent price I may still do this. Doubtful though since funds are tight.

ducesrwld

Veteran Member
TDI
none
if you want to get all that power to the ground and make your drivetrain happier may want to look into an lsd when you have that bad boy fine tuned in. i noticed the biggest plus with my lsd was just staying hooked up better in bad weather taking off.

KoNsHaRa

TDI
Passat 1.9 TDI 130
Well done, I'm planning to put on something close to
your setup for my 04 Passat PD130 soon, waiting for your dyno,
or may be a small clips.

diesel4ever

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000, black
Could anyone confirm that PD150 pistons will actually reduce CR as compared to ALH?
I checked my compression and it's at 380 PSI every cylinder exactly the same. That's really close to what's acceptable on a low end for a new engine.

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
If you must bore out the cylinders, get BHW pistons. Otherwise don't waste your time or money.

Choose a different turbo (IMO).

PD150 intake manifold and "race :rolleyes: " pipe - more waste with no proven performance gain.

See you at the `Fest. I get a test drive. :D

I have decided on my project and to go for a 'Big one'. Couldn't allow perfectly good parts to go to a waste so decided to add some more 'good parts' and, hopefully, end up with a nice build.
Here is the list:

Stock block with honed bores to 80mm dia.
Oversized PD150 pistons (80mm)
Rosten Connecting rods,
New 'high flow' head with Colt, stage 2 cam
Kerma K3 hybrid turbo (1856)
Eurojet FMIC (2" piping)
PD130 Intake pipe with PD150 intake manifold along with 'Race pipe'
Race 520 injectors or PP764 stage 2 (TBD)
2.5" or 3" exhaust with high flow cat
6 speed transmission (ERF) with VR6 Axles.
Clutch - TBD
11mm pump with the lift pump.

I hope to push over 200hp and have this ready for TDI fest.
Any other suggestions?
This is supposed to be a daily driver (Two Door Golf MY2000).

Last edited: