BEW Dog Collar Installation

TDINJ

Veteran Member
TDI
No longer own one.
I'll be getting one of these in a day or two. It comes with two brackets. Am I installing these back to back? Do I have to drill hole in one of them? It seems straight forward, but why two brackets?
Thanks.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
An original style Doggie collar only has one bracket. Once you remove the two bolts on the A/S assembly, it will only go on one way.....

A picture of what you ordered would be nice.

TDINJ

Veteran Member
TDI
No longer own one.
Here is a picture from the link at Kermatdi.com:

Not sure if that comes accross, but here's the link:
http://www.kermatdi.com/servlet/the-378/Intake/Detail
It shows two brackets, the one on the left with a hole A and B, and the one on the right. It says to line them up together...? Not sure what that means. It seems straightforward with only the parts. The directions are confusing, or I'm an idiot.

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself
The black one is just a template to help figure out which way it goes on since it isn't symmetrical, but it's close enough that it could be confusing.

shoebear

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta, 2003 Jetta Wagon, 2005 New Beetle, 2013 Sportwagen
Yes, just one "C"-shaped piece. The instructions included are good and will make installation clear. The fix works well, but when installed, it takes extra time to remove the upper CAC hose when you need to get to things underneath, like the timing belt. This can get annoying if you have to do it repeatedly, as when playing with the torsion value setting.

TDINJ

Veteran Member
TDI
No longer own one.
Thanks everyone. Got the collar/parts delivered at work yesterday. It was straightforward, I installed it in the parking lot before driving home.

Thanks again!

willpower

TDI
2005 jetta
Sorry I know it's an old thread, but I was wondering if that collar really fix the issue? My concern is that for it's the bottom part of the hose that's loose. This seems to only hold the top part of it...?!?

Thanks

supton

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'04 Jetta Wagon GLS
I've had one for years. It holds on tighter than the clip I removed IMO. No problems.

The hose has a metal end on it that inserts into the intake flap. So it's already pretty stiff; the doggie collar just has to "grab" part of it to be really secure.

FunkSkunk

TDI
04 Golf GL Manual
About to install mine today, the new ones have "KermaTDI" laser cut into them too. pretty slick looking. I'll take a pic of it installed