BEW Actuator Pigtail

befarrer

TDI
05 Golf
I want to replace the turbo actuator electrical pigtail on my 05 Golf TDI. I went to the dealer, and they wanted $130 for the plug and 3 wires! Is this the correct plug for my actuator? It is 3 wires:

Also, are these wires correct for the plug:

I dont think this will be much cheaper, as the cheapest/slowest shipping to me is $39USD via UPS, which will likely charge me a duty fee.

IS this plug used anywhere else on the car, if so I might grab one from the junkyard.

Dealership also wanted to charge me $120 for a thermostat, is that normal?

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Well first, you only need two of the repair wires, as each is double ended. But that connector is used all over the place, on many different VAG models in many different places. So if you want to root around under the hoods in a salvage yard, you'll probably be able to find one somewhere.

The OEM thermostats are good, but a Behr or Calorstat brand will be identical and work perfectly, and always replace the plastic neck as they often will leak if reused. Cannot comment on your Canadian issues regarding shipping and duty fees, sorry. It does seem everything for you guys is ~20% more than it is here.

befarrer

TDI
05 Golf
Ok, I may look local for the plug at a wrecker then, I repaired mine 3 months ago, but the loom had rubbed into the wires a bit, and one wire broke off right at the plug, and I dont trust my solder job much as it was dirty and took a few attempts to hold, with winter coming, I want a secure connection.

mjydrafter

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
I did the emergency repair... then replaced those wires all the way back to the fire wall. Once they get started rotting, they really rot. I had to peel it back that far to get to "good" wire to connect too.

When I got it my car had no skid plate. I think that accelerates the rotten wires if you are in a "salted roads" place.

But, yeah, the dealer is no place to get stuff like that. If you went to my wrecker they would tell you to just take it, if that was all you had. Anytime I've asked about a handful of junk, they never want to deal with it.:)

I have a good collection of plugs that I pull for both the plastic pieces, and the wire pigtails. Sometimes you can get lucky and color match...

cygnus

TDI
2000jetta, 2001 jetta doa ,2002jetta 2006 jetta wagon
If I cant get plugs and things at the pick and pull this is where i get my stuff.
I know shipping is reasonable