Best Wipers

tdi1stimer

TDI
2006.5 DSG Jetta Special Edition
Matt-98AHU said:
Everyone seems to be coming out with these fancy single-piece/non-hinge/downforce-producing blade these days. Aanco just came out with some as well.
I was upset to find that my OEM passenger side wiper rubber had split after just having the car for 8 months. I went by my local auto parts store and purchased the Anco wipers. They are exact duplicates to the OEM, except they have a LIFETIME warranty!! The guy said that if they ever wear out, bring the reciept and wiper for an exchange. Not a bad $40 to spend!

BTW, they were easy to install - I had the old wipers off and new ones on in less than 1 minute. Usually, wipers are a pain in the a$$ to install, I was pleasantly surprised with these! :)

rampage

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta
I just bought a set of Michelin Optimum wiper blades. (Beam blades, no pivots.) At first they did have low pressure at the ends of the blade, but you can just take them and bend them to get pressure where you want it. They seem to work great, but they're still almost brand new. I was trying to find a set of Trico Neoform blades, because I had a friend who said they are great, but the Michelins were as close as I could get. The Trico's are made with DuPont Teflon. AFAIK, the Neoforms do not have a piece of spring steel like the Michelins, so maybe you can't bend those to adjust the pressure like you can with the Michelins. Maybe in that respect the Michelin's are better. This is my first set of beam blades, but I like them so far. No spoilers, they stay in place at 85 MPH which is about as fast as I ever go... The Michelin's did not come with the VW adaptor clips, I had to reuse my old clips, but that was no big deal...

Last edited:

Naimanator

Veteran Member
TDI
Silver 2002 Golf GLS TDI
I bought a set of the rain X ones earlier this winter and I really really like them. They've kept good through the winter and have allowed me to deal with all types of precipitation. Also, water always beads on my windshield now like I've just applied rainX, so I've got to assume that the blades are actually treated with the stuff somehow.

When it does come time to replace them, I'll probably be sticking with the rainX ones again.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
I've had Bosch Icons on my Golf and the wife's CRV for about a year and love them. I just got a pair for my Passat last night and got to test them already this morning in a storm. Driver side works great, but for some reason the passenger side is leaving an inch-wide trail right under the center of the blade. I'll be exchanging that one tonight. It's the first issue I've had through three pairs. I still highly recommend them.

jokila

Vendor
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, Manual
Souzafone said:
I've had Bosch Icons on my car for almost 2 years now, and they still work like new. They've got the built in air dam, so they stay in place at speed, and they work great in snow and ice. Pricey though.
I have the Bosch. Works great.

doonboggle

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta w/Taktonic 6sp. transmission, Silver; 1981 Rabbit pick-up
Which autoparts store?

tdi1stimer said:
I was upset to find that my OEM passenger side wiper rubber had split after just having the car for 8 months. I went by my local auto parts store and purchased the Anco wipers. They are exact duplicates to the OEM, except they have a LIFETIME warranty!! The guy said that if they ever wear out, bring the reciept and wiper for an exchange. Not a bad $40 to spend!

BTW, they were easy to install - I had the old wipers off and new ones on in less than 1 minute. Usually, wipers are a pain in the a$$ to install, I was pleasantly surprised with these! :)

NB_TDi

Vendor
TDI
2014 Jetta SE
Naimanator said:
I bought a set of the rain X ones earlier this winter and I really really like them. They've kept good through the winter and have allowed me to deal with all types of precipitation. Also, water always beads on my windshield now like I've just applied rainX, so I've got to assume that the blades are actually treated with the stuff somehow.

When it does come time to replace them, I'll probably be sticking with the rainX ones again.
I use RainX washer fluid. It has that beading stuff in it too. I also have their wipers. The hingless kind. They are pretty good. But my driver one steaks now. It's about 3 months old.

XXX_er

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 golf
http://www.canadiantire.ca/include/products/inc_product_zoom_display.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524443278593&FOLDER<>folder_id=282574489830676&bmUID=1220815928221

I used these from canadian tire ,they conform really well to the windsheild

One thing I did find with refill wiper blades IS get metal backed blades ,the plastic backed refils will work OK in warmer temps BUT when the temp goes down the plastic doesnt conform to the windsheild ,I think the cold affects the plastics abillity to follow the windsheild

I used to live in a mill town that eventualy gave ,me asma ... I can't see that kind of air being any good for rubber,I replaced my wipers every year ,if they were the same size like on my 4-runer I would replace the driverside only and put the used wiper from the driver side on the passenger side

Last edited: