Best Deal

skenny

Veteran Member
TDI
none
I bought my Jetta from Hillcrest VW here in Halifax. They seem pretty good, they were open to bargaining on the price of the car and I ended up getting the car for $1500 less than sticker price (including a recent University grad rebate). Plus, they told me that the financing rate was going down a day or two before I actually signed for the car so I ended up saving about $40/month on payments because of that.

aburchell44

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 TDI Wagon For Sale
Talk to Hillcrest, but also try here:
Derek Lugar at Vantage VW ( I have taken the race school with him, and dealt with him quite a bit when I built my race car)

Craig Burns at Parsons VW in Middleton (he is the parts guy but can tell you the low-down on any car)he'll refer you to a sales guy after giving you the scoop.

Bob Coleman in (Colemans Autohaus) in Bridgewater is good to deal with too.

Other then that, canadatrader is your best bet, or go to Montreal or Toronto

rKs

TDI
Golf GLS, 2003, Indigo
When I bought my Passat 1.8T and my Golf TDI, I went into the dealership well equipped and prepared to negotiate. It's tough negotiating on VWs though -- they're in demand and sometimes even finding one (especially when you're firm on certain features such as colour) is difficult. We got our Golf more by luck than design -- it just happened to be coming in on a trade the day I called the dealer and the salesrep, a new guy, desperately wanted a quick sale to make the manager happy. Anyway, coming back to preparedness, I joined Carcostcanada several years ago for a relatively low fee, and the info I've obtained has more than paid for itself. Carcostcanada will give you the dealer invoice price. What I do is work out a reasonable markup, say 6%, and use that figure as my negotiating price. Worked for me. Here's the link: http://www.carcostcanada.com

P.S. I'm not affiliated in any way with Carcostcanada.

Snide

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI SE
I bought a TDI from Hillcrest in June '03 and was very happy with the sales process, I knew the person that I bought the car from, that helps of course, but I was pleased with how much I was able to negotiate on the price - as TDI's sell themselves and you will rarely get a "great" deal on one - unless it's used and the person selling has no idea what the car is worth.

I got good money for my trade-in and negotiated a good deal on the car - I'm happy with what I paid.