Belly pan for 2000 Jetta TDI

jhtanstaaf

Veteran Member
Anyone know where I can get a metal belly pan for a 2000 Jetta TDI w/Automatic? The plastic one is a 3 piecer that works very well going forward but if you catch it on something backing up it'll rip right off.

There's a metal one that's a single piece, slightly different design that won't rip off 'cause it won't catch on things but it won't work with the automatic.

I know it's not necessary, but it keeps the engine clean & if a rock or critter or something is kicked up, I'd rather it whacked the pan then the engine.

Achoo

Veteran Member
I might also need a new belly pan ('99 Golf TDI automatic). The rear "corner" has torn away from the bolt and the pan hangs down maybe 2 inches. This probably happened driving down a road that hadn't been plowed clear of snow.

Anybody know where to get a replacement pan and how much it would be?

jhtanstaaf

Veteran Member
My dealer (Mitchell VW in Canton CT) was the source for the metal belly pan. He had replaced one for someone else on a 5 spd but when he checked he found out that it doesn't fit the auto. He said it was a single piece instead of the 3 piece plastic (center with 2 wings) one I've got on my car. So I've got a shiny new plastic one on my 2000 Jetta and thinking there's another reason to have gotten the stick.

JB05

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf,2005,anthracite blue
There are two aluminum plates available as well as a steel plate. Panzer is one of the AL, but a quick search will bring up many many threads on skid plates.