BBS RXII

Torb5000

TDI
2002 Golf TDI
Picked up a set of RXII rims a couple months back and am now finally getting around to them after doing plenty of other things to my car. I'm thinking I'm going to a run Conti extremecontact 205 45zr16 with 15mm spacers front and rear. I'm trying to fill out the fender well pretty flush. I'm sitting in Bilstein 8s and neuspeed sport springs. Does anyone know know if 15mm is enough to fill the fender well or is there a better tire size to run? I'd like to have a tiny bit of stretch but it's also a daily and I do very much value comfort. I know 205 45 is also the closest match to the speedo. Also wondering if anyone knows a good way to restore the chrome outer part. Was going to recover the face plate with reflex silver probably

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
As for the fitment stuff.... im not a guru and i dont know off hand but the math should be easy to do with some measuring and a strait edge. offsets and spacers... its jut math. you might want to roll the bead a bit on the fender.
as for the Conti's there some nice tires but if you are ... and you are.... going with supper soft... go RE71s as im assuming thats for track and autocross. otherwise there are much better tires that do the job... unless your keen on those.
as for the chrome cleaning... use this ... Quick Glo Chrome Cleaner, 8 ounces,Fine $15 on amazon and is the best stuff on the market ...
Reflex would also be nice but im a sucker for clean polished aluminum and chrome... easier to manage

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
I run 205/60-16 on my RX2's. They could use at least 10mm of spacer IMO, but I am a cheap SoB... :)
cheers,
Douglas