BBK for Passat

BMKruse

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW
I am looking at getting a Passat SEL TDI to replace my recently totaled JSW TDI. I personally am not happy with the stock brakes at all. Is it possible to put Golf R brakes on the Passat or are there other aftermarket brakes that you can recommend?

kydsid

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
My experience is the stock brakes feel weird but actually work quite well. Excessive use does great fade but not abnormal for the car class. There are after market pads and rotors I've already prices some for repair. Golf r would be interesting idea. Did similar with my old altima by putting maxima rotors and better pads on it. Im gonna look into it myself.

BMKruse

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW
My experience is the stock brakes feel weird but actually work quite well. Excessive use does great fade but not abnormal for the car class. There are after market pads and rotors I've already prices some for repair. Golf r would be interesting idea. Did similar with my old altima by putting maxima rotors and better pads on it. Im gonna look into it myself.
I was running golf r setup in my JSW and it was night and day different.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
My experience is the stock brakes feel weird but actually work quite well.
Agreed. I've contemplated a booster and/or master from a new Audi Allroad, after having one as a loaner for two days... just to get a better brake pedal feel. As you said, I think the stock brakes function very well.