Are options not being included in calculations?

statistic

TDI
2012 Passat possibly
2012 TDI SEL w/ Nav and Sun roof owner here bought in the South East region. With approx 110K miles at turn in. Calculations with the options are

Power Sunroof (California, Desert SW, SE and SW), Add: (SE Only) $ 690 Navigation System, Add: (SE Only) $ 750

plus 23,327

minus 3720

Equates to 21,047

Without options it equates to 19,607

When i put it in on the VW site it comes to 19,996.73 ??
ESTIMATED TOTAL
$19,996.73

Vehicle Return Amount
$14,175.00

Additional Restitution
$5,821.73

So is the VW site not including in the calculations the options prices at 1,440 for the South East region? Will they add those additional amounts once verified by the dealership at turn in?

Thanks in advance :)

GyroRon

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta tdi
I wondered the same thing. The VIN number should be able to provide them with what they need to know as far as what options the car has on it though

dgoodhue

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 6MT JSW
I look table (SE only) means the SE trim level, not South East. Nav and power Sunroof are likely standard features on the SEL trim level and included in 3500 difference between the SE and SEL models.

statistic

TDI
2012 Passat possibly
I wondered the same thing. The VIN number should be able to provide them with what they need to know as far as what options the car has on it though
Thats what i thought as well. but $1,440 in options on a car purchased in the SE region is missing from calculations. Options which were given on a FTC website

https://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/att._1a_-_buyback_modification_table.pdf

Should we assume that these the value of the options will be added on at turn in?

statistic

TDI
2012 Passat possibly
I look table (SE only) means the SE trim level, not South East. Nav and power Sunroof are likely standard features on the SEL trim level and included in 3500 difference between the SE and SEL models.

Thank you. when they listed the regions, it included the "SE" vernacular which added to the confusion

dgoodhue

Veteran Member
TDI
'14 6MT JSW
On my JSW, they list aluminum rims and power set as options for Jetta (which is combined with the JSW). All TDI JSW has standard aluminum rims and partial power seat standard. It wasn't an option on my window sticker and VW didn't include it in my buyback value.

da_jokker

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta
For those talking about VINS and Options... just an FYI...

I can't say for sure if VW does the same (because I bought my TDI used) but their are certain options that are done while building the car (Engine Size, Tech packages, etc)... these should be part of your VIN

Then there are options that are done "in port" like Lighting kits, appearance packages, etc.. your VIN would not reflect those.

If you do the manual calculation that the court proposal form has that does list some options (based on NADA) and it comes out differently than your VW claim, then all you can do it try to contact the Claims department.

I remember people doing the manual calculations and complaining about not having the numbers account for Option X and Option Y .... for once buying a base car paid off :)