Aquapel $8.99

kennster

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI(RIP), 2011 Jetta TDI Highline(RIP),2015 Passat TDI Highline
Not Sure if this has been brought up ..But there is a sale on Aquapel at Napa Auto this month...I was part of a group buy many years ago.and really liked the stuff.....thought i would let you all know..Cheers!!!

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I know that the boobirds will be out now!
A few years ago I bought 3 sets of Aquapel. One applicator was barely enough for the windshield. I like to do ALL windows on the car!

There are other products on the market for less cost and let you cover all windows on the car several times over. Rain-Ex is one and there are others.
You can buy a Rain-Ex windshield washer fluid also.

Here are tests by Auto_Express in the UK and they do not even mention Aquapel.
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/65649/rain-repellents-reviews-2013-group-test

GD

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta TDI Highline DSG
Wasn't there some problem with the Rain-Ex fluid damaging the sensors in the washer reservoirs?

Yuri
There was a problem with the passat's water resevoir sensors and rainx.

Doc_Oc

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Golf TDI
I have been using both for 10 years (aquapel and rainx). I was always able to get all my windows and mirrors covered with one applicator (aquapel). It lasts at least 6 months too.
Rainx washer fluid is the only fluid I use and never had a problem in 2 Golfs, 2 Audis and a Passat. It does work a bit, but nothing like Aquapel.
Rainx treatment was very weak when I used it. lasted less than a month and had to reapply it. I went back to Aquapel eventually.
One caveat, I still have one applicator (my last one) from a GB 5-6 years ago. So, if they changed their formula since then, it might not be that good anymore.