anyone using the bio-diesel pump in Strasburg, PA?

Dave_D

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Titanium Beige six speed manual & Jetta, 1999.5, Tornado Red
I have been getting my bio-diesel at the Baltimore Bio-diesel coop for the past few years, but at present they are having problems and I am almost out of bio-diesel. This lead me to check and see where else in the area I could obtain my bio-diesel fix.

Checking the various sources shows the following station as my next nearest alternative:

WoGo - Worley & Obetz

902 Strasburg Pike
Strasburg, PA 17579
Phone:717-687-7341
Fuel:Biodiesel (B20 and above)
Distance:79 mi

Public - card key at all times
24 hours daily

Does anyone here use this location? What level of bio-diesel is it currently offering? Are there any particular requirements or instructions to use this location? I tried calling the number, but they are closed over the weekend.

Given this is at least a two hour drive each way for me I want to be sure I am not going to be unable to obtain what I am going for under any circumstances.

On a related topic, Baltimore Bio-diesel coop is having some issues right now with Maryland Weights & Measures about the accuracy of their pump. Does anyone know a lawyer familiar with jurisdictional issues that can get them off of our back so we can pump our bio-diesel without them sticking their noses into it?

Thank you for any assistance you can give with either issue.

Dave

Last edited:

CopaMundial

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta Wagon 5sp (New to me Oct 2014) 03 Jetta 5sp (RIP Aug 2014)
I have not used that station, but they are an Amerigreen station.
They are all independent operators, so I'm sure there are differences, but I have used the Amerigreen station run by Reilly & Sons in Exton, PA before with good results. Reliable well run place.
Be ready for sticker shock coming from coop prices though.

robzuk

Veteran Member
TDI
1999 Golf, 2001 Golf, 1987 Cabrio
They have closed that station, I don't know the reasoning, but I have one of their cards and they sent out a letter stating that the station was closed indefinitely. In order to get fuel there, you have to have one of their cards.