Anyone transfer GTI/R seat covers to wagon?

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
I am considering the feasibility of having an upholstery shop transfer leather GTI rear seat cushions and covers to the frames on my Jetta wagon. Is this doable? Initially, I had hoped that Golf seats were a direct replacement for JW seats, but they are not. The seat bottom support and back upright/anchors are surprisingly different. Insight is appreciated.

Nihilator

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 1.8t wagon
The anchors for the rear backs should be the same, shouldn't they? I didn't think the backs varied by enough to make them incompatible.

The bottoms are a different story. I went from leather bottoms to fabric, so it was relatively easy to transfer the pans. If I had to go from fabric to leather, I don't think it would be something *I* could do, but I bet an upholstery shop could handle it.

Out of curiosity, what color are the leather seats? Now that I have the grey leather out of my car, I would be interested in trading the wagon-specific seat bottoms (foam and cover) for those from a GTI / golf / jetta. It would give me a wider audience to sell to.

--Chris

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
I presently have the gray mouse fur interior. I am getting black GTI Recaros from an '01 that were removed when the car had 50miles on it, so they are as new. It may look a bit odd, but I am more concerned with comfort. I appreciate your insight on the differences. Worst case, I'll put in the front seats and leave the back as is.