Anyone from Toronto here?

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
I'm going to be in Toronto the first week of August. I'd love to meet some Canadian TDI'ers. I'm thinking hook up for a drink, swap car stories, suggest good area drives, and car museums?

2ManyKMfor1Tank

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta
Has to be someone here, no reply? I'll have a look for the last tdi fun run, I think they took a route that was especially scenic, in the mean time, someone else chime in and help the feller out. I guess some questions too would have to be answered. Are you driving or flying in? How long do you have, and how far will you be willing to drive from the airport/city centre?

BeetleGo

TDI
Hey 2Many,
I am driving in from Boston the first week of August. I will be in Toronto from the 2nd to the 6th.
As you can see, I've been a member since the very beginning. I would be very interested to discuss VW's current situation with Canadians, and of course how your cars are running! Mine is running great. 2005 Golf 5-speed. It looks almost new when I wash it!
I don't run, but I will have a bicycle, so a scenic ride and a meal somewhere sounds great!
Mark/BeetleGo

Silver02TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Golf Wagon TDI Highline
I'm in Toronto, but don't do meets anymore. Could be the same for many others. The last fall fun run was a loooong time ago

There is a group in Cambridge (not too far away) that does meet regularly

BeetleGo

TDI
Just checking again.

I am a club member from Boston and will be visiting your fine city from August 2nd to August 6th. Does anyone want to get together while I'm in town for a drink, or a drive? Both, if we do the former first!

I'm very interested in discussing Volkswagen's 'issue' with my Canadian neighbors. Any takers?

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Sportwagen, 2009, Graphite
wow, Toronto-TDIers are a quiet bunch these days :-(
us tri-city (Cambridge, KW, Guelph) types are far more active.

on another note, roof is leaking again...hello VW, are you listening? come and get my car AND cut me a nice check in greenbacks...see what I did there?

Last edited:

mjhandy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
wow, Toronto-TDIers are a quiet bunch these days :-(
us tri-city (Cambridge, KW, Guelph) types are far more active.

on another note, roof is leaking again...hello VW, are you listening? come and get my car AND cut me a nice check in greenbacks...see what I did there?
We can tarp your roof up, no problem. :)

vacin

Veteran Member
TDI
01 tdi jetta auto, sold lemon 12 jetta tdi 3 pedal
^ bylaw enforcement was your calling

BeetleGo

TDI
MJ, Fred, and Devious, you want to get together while I'm in town? I will be around 8/2-6.

BeetleGo

TDI
I'm in an Air BnB right on the water in the city. A steak sounds good!

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Mark is a load of fun! He has graciously hosted me in Boston on several occasions. Unfortunately I'll be in London for the Civic Holiday (who thought a Honda model would get its own named holiday :p ) weekend and then camping at Sandbanks PP after. Have fun in TO!

BeetleGo

TDI
Where is this? It sounds great, if it's near Toronto. I've decided against going to Cambridge. I'm heading up the Lake Ontario coast on Sunday toward Montreal, so it doesn't make sense. Anyone interested in getting together on Friday?

Last edited:

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Where is this? It sounds great, if it's near Toronto. I've decided against going to Cambridge. I'm heading up the Lake Ontario coast on Sunday toward Montreal, so it doesn't make sense. Anyone interested in getting together on Friday?
Keele and Dundas.

BeetleGo

TDI
Fred, Keele and Dundas appears to be a bus station on Google maps. Is that what you meant? :confused:

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Fred, Keele and Dundas appears to be a bus station on Google maps. Is that what you meant? :confused:
the Indie Ale House is right near the bus stop :D and Rainhard is but a short distance away. some people might want to take the bus ...

BeetleGo

TDI
Very good! I'll keep an eye out. We'll meet up on Friday evening then.

CanadianLurker

TDI
2011 Audi Q7 TDI Prestige
Great time to come up and visit us with our crappy dollar right now, it's going to be like everything is 30% off for you!

I hope the meet up works out and you enjoy your trip.

BeetleGo

TDI
I'm here and very impressed! Toronto is totally amazing! This Friday, we meet at the Indie Ale House! Everyone welcome! Let's talk TDI talk...! I'm sure the conversation can go everywhere!

TDIFred

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'm here and very impressed! Toronto is totally amazing! This Friday, we meet at the Indie Ale House! Everyone welcome! Let's talk TDI talk...! I'm sure the conversation can go everywhere!
I will be unable to keep this appointment. I am beer-festing tonight at Evergreen Brickworks. Sorry. Toronto, two week nights in a row just won't wash. it's a crazy place to drive into after work.
Sorry to disappoint. Cambridge Friday night I can do.