Anyone finance a TDI for 1.9% ?

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
Just curious if anyone received 1.9% on a TDI? Dealer was unable to show me the documented "special rate program", and of course added the following caveat for ordered vehicles: "can't guarantee that rate will still be offered at time of delivery." Needless to say I'm skeptical.

The other day I gave CarQuotes.com a try and they offered $802 off MSRP and identified a local dealer to work with. So dealer calls this morning and immediately pitches:
- $1000 off MSRP
- 1.9% financing up to 60 months

Intrigued, I agree to have a sit down. My main issue was to see up-front what all the ancillary costs will be. The Jetta was shined-up inside/out, so I ask for a trade-in valuation. Visit was going well, no cost surprises, until dealer values trade-in at $5800 (very clean 2006.5 Special Ed., DSG, moonroof, 180K). I accuse of shell game, Sales Mgr. sings a shuck & jive -- all of which is a waste of time because delivery estimates are 2-4 months. I'm not plunking down a deposit and waiting that long -- only to get stuck with an 11th hour game change. So at this point I'll take my chances with whenever/whatever inventory trickles-in.

Oh and BTW, CarQuotes claims dealer invoice on Passat TDI SE w/Sun & Nav = $28,268 (or $1,227 off MSRP). Anyone seen different?

Last edited:

rmeyer23

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Just curious if anyone received 1.9% on a TDI? Dealer was unable to show me the documented "special rate program", and of course added the following caveat for ordered vehicles: "can't guarantee that rate will still be offered at time of delivery." Needless to say I'm skeptical.

The other day I gave CarQuotes.com a try and they offered $802 off MSRP and identified a local dealer to work with. So dealer calls this morning and immediately pitches:
- $1000 off MSRP

Intrigued, I agree to have a sit down. My main issue was to see up-front what all the ancillary costs will be. The Jetta was shined-up inside/out, so I ask for a trade-in valuation. Visit was going well, no cost surprises, until dealer values trade-in at $5800 (very clean 2006.5 Special Ed., DSG, moonroof, 180K). I accuse of shell game, Sales Mgr. sings a shuck & jive -- all of which is a waste of time because delivery estimates are 2-4 months. I'm not plunking down a deposit and waiting that long -- only to get stuck with an 11th hour game change. So at this point I'll take my chances with whenever/whatever inventory trickles-in.

Oh and BTW, CarQuotes claims dealer invoice on Passat TDI SE w/Sun & Nav = $28,268 (or $1,227 off MSRP). Anyone seen different?
I was shopping yesterday for a Passat TDI SEL. I believe the 2.99% is from Sept. VW's rate for Oct is 1.99% for up to 60 months.

Also the invoice that I saw yesterday (date Aug 2011) showed an invoice of $30,876 for the TDI SEL. Does anyone know if VW is currently rebating any of this back to the dealer?

Ron M

darrelld

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Tesla Model S85, 2017 Chevy Bolt

- $1000 off MSRP

I closed the deal yesterday on a black/black TDI SEL for 1.9%/60, $600.00 off MSRP, free tint job, and dealer will deliver to my house.

Last edited:

skinnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI
Traded my 2010 Jetta today for a Passat SE off the lot at 1.9 for 60 months. It can be done on a TDI as I have found out. I did pay msrp but it is worth it at 1.9 for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kmroni79

TDI
2011 Golf TDI, 2012 Passat TDI
Just picked up the Passat SE for $27,522 and 1.9%/60.

kmroni79

TDI
2011 Golf TDI, 2012 Passat TDI
Any options (sunroof, mats, etc)?
I will post pics when the rain stops. It is the SE with the DSG and sunroof. The dealer threw in the monster mats and trunk liner, which I did not even realize until I was driving away.

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
According to the VW site 1.9% @ 60 mos. ends 10/31. Hopefully they'll renew for November. And due to sales cycles, I'm guessing it will be offered in December.

rmeyer23

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
Is VW still offering 1.9% for 60 months in 2012? If not, does anyone know the current finance rate?

Thanks, RM

NateM

TDI
2012 Passat TDI Manual
Not on tdi's this month. see on vw.com under shopping tools-special offers
nov and dec have been 1.9% for 60 months on passat including tdi
this just changed today..bummer cause I would like to use vw credit at 1.9 when my car comes in...maybe april??

Last edited:

monstersinc1

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
I just did some quick calculations at : http://www.onlineloancalculator.org/

For 30k loan at 1.9% 5 year loan you pay 1,471.29 in interest. At 2.9% (what I got) you pay $2,263.72 in interest.

VW credit did again renew 1.9% for 36 to 60 months for Jan 2012. TDI's are included. 72 months is going for 3.49% (some other lenders are offering slightly less than 3.49 for 72 months)

eatpasta

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
I got mine for 1.9 from the dealer and for $500 above their invoice so it was around 27 for the TDI SE stick, with financing and interest, everything out the door was almost exactly 30.

eprater1

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI w/DSG(transmission failed w/800 miles on it) 2012 Passat SE w/Sunroof -65k traded in on 2013 Passat TDI SE w/Sunroof 2006 Ford F350 on 37's, few things deleted, little methanol injection, few things modded, few more filters added :)
1.9 for 60 months here on a TDI SE DSG W/sunroof. Dealer included 100k warranty, all services through 40k, monster mats and full tank. All it took was blowing up a new 800 mile jetta transmission :) oh and got out the door for less than 27000.00.

danielpd

TDI
12 passat TDI SEL
I ordered my car back in Sept 3, 2011 and I put $500 deposit at that time and have been waiting for the car to be delivered. The dealer called me and said that the car would be unloaded from the train on the 1/3/2011. I went to the dealer and put $10,000+my trade and had the paper work done before the end of the year because they said that VW was going to changing rate for 2012. I paid 31,461 for TDI SEL Pre with spoiler and cargo net delivered for the car I just had to pay the tax tile and reg on top of that and there pressing fee.

TomB

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Audi TDI Prestige Sport
The excludes TDI's was NOT there the other day when I reconfirmed the special offers. They must have changed it.

Guess I won't be getting the new Passat after all. They took 4 months to get me my car as it went from 0% to 1.99% to none. Slimy as usual of VW.

1.99% or no deal VW!

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
Slimy? No. Bad mgmt? possibly...Change in borrowing rates?...happens all the time

Delay in getting the cars to the customers? Happens all the time, with every manufacturer.

It isn't slimy...sorry, TomB, that you're not going to join us...

monstersinc1

TDI
2012 Passat TDI SEL
The excludes TDI's was NOT there the other day when I reconfirmed the special offers. They must have changed it.

Guess I won't be getting the new Passat after all. They took 4 months to get me my car as it went from 0% to 1.99% to none. Slimy as usual of VW.

1.99% or no deal VW!
I agree it was there the other day. I will be calling VWoA during the week to complain and get something for this. I should have had my car in Dec. with 1.9%

MyAvocation

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2017 Passat SEL TSI
Agreed. When I posted yesterday the exclusion only appeared in the fine print. Today it also appears next to "1.9% APR* for 60 months"

1.99% or no deal VW!
...is why I refuse to place an order. Yoda: Carrot dangling, they are.

tdiatlast

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Sportwagen (boughtback); 2014 Passat TDI SEL (boughtback)
I think all of you are falling prey to the idiocy of "special financing" advertising. There really isn't anything "special" about it. If your dealer has access to low interest rates, the low interest rates are available across the board...

I never even looked at the financing sign when I bought, as I figured the most popular cars are always excluded from special deals. I never thought I'd be getting financing from the dealer, anyway.

I went in, pre-approved from our credit union, at 2.49%, 48 months. Finance man at the dealer (now, you're all correct...this is not someone I'd invite to dinner...) did the usual dance...paint treatment, fabric treatment, LoJack, extended warranty...you all know the deal. Then, he offered financing...I said, no way you can match my credit union.

Guess what? He gave me 2.24%, 48 months. It is NOT VWoA financing, it was BB&T, which happens to be our "other" bank, so we even have direct withdrawals.

Are you all so sure this is VWoA financing, or are they using regional banks? It's a very competitive market...at least it is around here...

(PS...When I phoned my CU, to tell them I had financed through the dealer, the agent laughed, and claimed if I had asked, they could have given me 1.9%!!!)

I hate to see devoted TDI folk struggling with this, and ending up walking away...

Last edited:

Dismayed

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL-Premium TDI
VWoA should extend the rate that was in place when the car was ordered.