anyone else not get the email right after turning car in?

philip_g

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta
not the chase payment email, but the buyback complete email many report receiving before leaving the dealer.
I could swear I read a thread about it but I can't find it. Makes me nervous we didn't get it.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6-speed manual; 2006 mkV Jetta TDI / 5-speed / Pkg 2
Log in to the portal. It'll say your claim is complete. If not, something went wrong with your closing. Either way, you ought to have that email.

turneja6535

TDI
2013 Jetta w/premium 6spd
Login to the portal, under account preferences, and double check your email address. If it is wrong, you won't get the chase email either. Ask me how I know :)

philip_g

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta
Login to the portal, under account preferences, and double check your email address. If it is wrong, you won't get the chase email either. Ask me how I know :)
We know that's correct because we got the appointment reminder and other emails generated from the buyback.

sohccammer427

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDi 6 Speed Manual
Log in to the portal. It'll say your claim is complete. If not, something went wrong with your closing. Either way, you ought to have that email.
It will say "your claim is complete" I assume for the buyback only. Can anyone report what it will say if you receive the first 2/3 of your "fix" restitution amount?
I'd not like it saying "complete" if I was stilled owed the final 1/3 at some point in the future.

pknopp

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Sportwagen
I was turning mine in and the guy handling it was having a hard time with the printer. He was printing off the confirmation.......he said, give me your email and I'll just email it to you.

Before I could do anything I hear the email notification on my phone go off. It's the notification. He said that was odd as he had never had anyone get one automatically.

I was hanging around as I know quite a few guys at the dealer when the printer decided to work. He brought me the print out. This was Wendsday. CHase email this morning. I'm pretty well done.

philip_g

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta
We got nothing,no print out ,no email. We'll see if the chase email comes tonight, I'm sure it will.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
You turned in on the 16th, too? I got my email "receipt" but alas, no Chase tonight. I'll chalk it up to the holiday weekend. No sense on fussing about it until Tuesday.

PacCoastFwy923

Veteran Member
TDI
My Chase just hit my inbox 10 minutes ago, 5:26 am. You get yours?

philip_g

Veteran Member
TDI
jetta
Yep, strange. Almost everyone says they get theirs at 11:10 PM eastern the next day. Oh well.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Yep, strange. Almost everyone says they get theirs at 11:10 PM eastern the next day. Oh well.
Well, there's been some variation there. In mid-December, it was 8:27 pm Eastern. More recently, 11:12 pm Eastern. We'll have to see if this is the new "normal".

shecoder

TDI
2013 Sportwagen
so how did you get them to resend the EFT email?

Alright, so, how did you get this fixed?

I actually had the correct email address but the email server is notorious for rejecting emails as spam so I got all the VW claims status emails but did not get the EFT email.

Now I'm in hell trying to get them to resend to the new email address I put into the portal. More than 2 weeks since I turned my car in.

On Friday, I emailed the class counsel lawyers since opening escalation tickets with the claims reps has done nothing.

My next step (tomorrow, since today is holiday) is to call the FTC.

My patience is wearing very thin at this point.