Any chance of an MTF chart of member data

brucetmoose

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to own a 2002 Jetta TDI - Black/Black
Having just replaced my clutch after 172k, I was wondering what other members would think if we had a critical component MTF ( Mean Time to Failure ) chart.

If not this, how about a suggested replacement interval. Things that I would love to see that data for are:

1 - Timing belt replacement
2 - Clutch replacement
3 - Wheel Bearing replacement
4 - Intake Manifold cleaning

I realize that we all "chew up" our cars at different rates, but it would be nice to see.

The data is within this site, just not in a easy to find place.

I'd start it off - here are what I've seen on the above ( all in miles )

1 - 100k
2 - 150k
3 - 150k
4 - 100k

roadhard1960

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta wagon GLS 5 speed
So far the alternator pulley and the fan speed switch have failed. Clutch got weird a few times and I replaced it at 212,000 miles. Intake and timing belt are just scheduled service in my book. Replaced the serpentine belt tensioner at about 200,000 miles. Noise I was trying to get rid of was in timing belt system. I need to replace the idler pulley in the serpentine belt as part of PM. Maybe do alternator brushes as PM also. No problem with bearings. Waiting until 300,000 to do oil pump chain unless someone reports back that it needs to be done sooner. Control arm bushings should be on my to do list but not yet. Need to repack CV joint by turbo. Recommended service by those who know.