Any central NJ people with TDI dealer service experiences?

c17chief

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2dr
Time for the 10k on the Golf. Actually it was due over a month ago but I have just got back from overseas. With all the usual dealer stories about using wrong oil etc in these cars, I am curious if anyone in the area can chime in with their experience with all that with dealers in this area. Burlington VW or Hamilton VW are the 2 close ones I prefer to go to, but I am open to going elsewhere/farther out to somewhere confirmed to know what they are doing with the newer TDI's.

IMAAaron

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW - Third time's a charm
Can't speak for either, but you don't want to go to Princeton.

Softrockrenegade

Veteran Member
TDI
None...2011 Golf DSG (replaced by VW W/) 2013 Passat SE 6M(bought back) Current 2017 sportwagen TSI 4Motion.
Vw of freehold has been pretty good to me over the past 6 years ... As far as the right oil goes , when I bought a quart for top offs they gave me the right stuff .

Last edited:

kmroni79

TDI
2011 Golf TDI, 2012 Passat TDI
Have never had a problem with Cherry Hill VW. A short distance on 295 past Burlington.

seth1065

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW with DSG, Panoroof, rear air bags and the always fun velcro blocks, Blue with beige int
You could try Langhorne PA home of Chris, has a good rep for service, stay far away from Union VW.

c17chief

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2dr
I think I will take a chance at Burlington. Between there and Hamilton, I'm about right in between em, but Burlington is where I picked up the car. Even though I've only been back for the 90 day where nothing significant is done anyways, the service writer seemed to be a genuinely friendly guy vs the typical play nice in front of the customer, and thus far havent given me any reason to avoid them. I do plan on asking them what oil they use, if I can have the extra .5L, etc to get a feel of what is about to go down without coming across like I am telling them how to do their job. I've already sourced the oil and filter and am ready to pick that stuff up and do it over again myself if I need to. Probably will try Cherry Hill for the next one if they mess this one up unless I hear something about Hamilton by then.

Last edited:

c17chief

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2dr
Actually at the dealer right now.....so far so good. Asked about keeping the extra .5L of oil since 507 doesnt come bulk. The lady immeadiatly turned to the advisor next to her and asked...and a tech happened to be standing there as well...BOTH chimed right in simultaniously saying it's only in bottles, and she put that request in. Pretty good sign they know whats up here. Now i sit and wait.