Altea BKD buildup and tune

evilxxx

TDI
Altea BKD DSG 2005
Hey
i just wanna share our project car with you Guys.

the Car is Seat Altea 2.0 TDI 16 V with Dsg from 2005.

the set up is
GTB 2260 VK from X-man
PD 140 injectors with bosio 1278+ nozzle from darkside
S3 IC and Pipes From darkside
Rosten H beam Rods from dark side

i Can not post attachments, but the result is 318hp/ 4243 Rpm and 573.8Nm/3745 Rpm..

evilxxx

TDI
Altea BKD DSG 2005
Is DSG ok?
Are Max NM at 3700 Rpm for save DSG saving?
Yes and no... We have set the max tourqe around 3000 rpm and its probably around 600 nm.
however we could not measure at low rpm because of clutch slip... We are looking into DSG Map to see if we Can map the slippage away... Otherwise we Will need a upgrade clutch for the DSG...

evilxxx

TDI
Altea BKD DSG 2005
I'm sure that after some DSG tune will be much better.
I'm very curios of a final result. And bullet proof of that set up in the end.
we will see , it will help without doubt, the clutch on the car has 164 tkm on it so it is not new either.
we made a new map today i will post up acc. video.

kai.od.ua

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH
So. It's approximately 5 sec 0-100 and 12sec 100-200. Not bad for Altea :)

Any way you probably look for clutch set up if current (stock) one can't handle.

evilxxx

TDI
Altea BKD DSG 2005
VCDS acc. Measurment says 0-100 4.9 sec 0-200 16.7 sec...
Hopefully next week i get a little more power out of it;-)
I Think the tune of DSG must be Right before i look into new clutch...

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
stock head? nice numbers and acceleration.

for a good friend of me I made a leon with bkd and 2056vk. stock nozzles altough but really nice to drive as daily. makes 450 nm 225hp at 1.8 bar. no smoke at all

evilxxx

TDI
Altea BKD DSG 2005
stock head? nice numbers and acceleration.

for a good friend of me I made a leon with bkd and 2056vk. stock nozzles altough but really nice to drive as daily. makes 450 nm 225hp at 1.8 bar. no smoke at all

Yes the head is Stock....

On This engine i had a hybrid turbo first, it put 239,4 hp and 456 nm with 1.8 bar as Well , the car was very little smokey , without smoke we Would probably get the same as you did... I Think the turbo change on the Stock engine is a very good option for This engine and as you mentioned the car runs very Nice as a Daily driver....

duke21

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 TDI BMN
How much boost you have max. I have 2260 on BMN and 2 bar is requested from 3000-5000rpm. But according to gauge i have 2 bar only from 4th gear up. In 2, 3 there is max 1.6bar. Is this behaviour normal during wot?

evilxxx

TDI
Altea BKD DSG 2005
How much boost you have max. I have 2260 on BMN and 2 bar is requested from 3000-5000rpm. But according to gauge i have 2 bar only from 4th gear up. In 2, 3 there is max 1.6bar. Is this behaviour normal during wot?
It is normal that you dont get full boost in 1. And 2. Gear...... However with bigger turbos like This, the surge is an issue and how Soon you get the boost, depends on the tune.... Normally you should have max boost in 3.gear ... I belive i get full boost at around 3000 rpm in 3. Gear...

evilxxx

TDI
Altea BKD DSG 2005
Max boost and reliability of engine? Had any problems?
max boost is 2.4 bar, i didnt have any problem on engine so far.. will soon have a 2260vklr installed and try 2.7 or maybe higher on the engine ..

TheoSweden

Veteran Member
TDI
A3Q,A4Q, Passat Biturbo TDI
I need no pictures but its always nice to see how builds like this is done.;)
How much does it smoke with such high power output? My car is almost smokefree with maybe 290-300hp.

evilxxx

TDI
Altea BKD DSG 2005
I need no pictures but its always nice to see how builds like this is done.;)
How much does it smoke with such high power output? My car is almost smokefree with maybe 290-300hp.
Well i Will be posting pictures when the vklr is installed and finish, it smokes pretty at 1. And 2. Full acc. But cleares up after that....
At around 295 it Would be very little smoke but with 320-325 hp it does smoke pretty until full boost reached...
We try meth/water and higher boost at lower rpms with new setup for lower egt and less smoke and power goal is 340-350 hp and 650 nm....

In this video you Can see smoke level but car was still under fintuning the smoke level is 40% less than the video...
And with new setup it Will be 80% less hopefully

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CDKzWxzVSDw

duke21

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 TDI BMN
I reach full boost at 4000rpm in 4th gear. What can cause this? Vnt adjustment maybe?

evilxxx

TDI
Altea BKD DSG 2005
I reach full boost at 4000rpm in 4th gear. What can cause this? Vnt adjustment maybe?
Start with vnt adjustment But it could also be because of n75 Map not being done correctly.... And it could be both as same time... Your car must feel very laggy..

duke21

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 TDI BMN
during 2. gear only reach 1.4 bar, during 3. max is 1.7 bar. Till 4. gear at 4000rpm. And there is much smoke. My tuner corrected map so i hope this is problem with vnt. Do you have any suggestions about adjustment?

evilxxx

TDI
Altea BKD DSG 2005
during 2. gear only reach 1.4 bar, during 3. max is 1.7 bar. Till 4. gear at 4000rpm. And there is much smoke. My tuner corrected map so i hope this is problem with vnt. Do you have any suggestions about adjustment?

Use vcds choose Engine and Then Basic setting on vcds ... From drop Down menu choose charge duty control (log 11) turn it on and let it run and measure the difference in boost... It should be between 80 mbar til 150 mbar... And after that i Can Tell how much far your Vnt setting is...

On the other hand your tuner probably needs more time fintuning the Maps. Sometimes it takes more than 20 Maps to get it Right...

duke21

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 TDI BMN
Thanks evil. We adjusted stop screw on actuator for four rounds and i am surprised how car flies now! Now i can achieve 2 bars in third gear and even 1.9 in second gear. Very happy.

evilxxx

TDI
Altea BKD DSG 2005
Thanks evil. We adjusted stop screw on actuator for four rounds and i am surprised how car flies now! Now i can achieve 2 bars in third gear and even 1.9 in second gear. Very happy.

Very good... Glad to know .... Car must feel like new car now... Be sure to go easy on the Maps after you are Done... and fintuning is the key, dont run the same map ... Make logs and adjust your boost and n75 map os you are sure you dont overboost in 5. And 6. Gear... Good luck....

Last edited: