AK47tdi's new set-up (fmic, piping, turb, ect)

ak47tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
99, white,2 door golf and 98, white, Jetta
The car's been off the road for a while and it's good to be back. Just thought i'd throw up some pics an info and see what everyone thinks. The set-up and layout was my vision, and was beautifully carried out by Ron Weaver at NGP.

And BIG thanks to Jeff @ RC for making it all work together. I was having some major issues with the rebuilt turbo i got. It was alot of time and labor, but thanks to Jeff the car runs like a dream!

vnt17 turbo
(ceramic coated maifold)
(modified) PD130 passat intake manifold
fmic, custom aluminum piping, and draw pipe
catch can (and valve cover)
PD lift pump
RC stg 5
All black peices are high temp powder coat
tranny rebuild (1st through 4th syncros)
peloquin diff
108 mm driveshaft flanges
Driveshaft Shop stg 2.9 axels

Last edited:

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
I love the IC pipes.. I am sure when I finally get my 20 stuffed in there, it won't half as pretty :)

BTW, that inlet pipe is excellent, any chance whoever made it for you still has the template? :) Cause I need one...

ak47tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Keeping it low key.;) Polished is nice but to much up keep/bling factor. I'm going to see Jeff again tomorrow, the car runs awesome but still has some gremlins to be worked out.

KROUT

persona non grata
I want pipes like that. That looks sweet. Make me some pipe just like that drooool.

MarkWaddle

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta Wagon GLS Black
as everyone has mentioned, the black powder coated piping looks great. the stickers are fun too :) you should put that thing on a dyno once you shoo those gremlins away.

ak47tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
lol That passat manifold was the key peice to run the charge pipe on the drivers side. It also took quite a bit of tweaking to make space for the draw pipe to run like that. I think it was all worth it though.:)

ak47tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
MarkWaddle said:
as everyone has mentioned, the black powder coated piping looks great. the stickers are fun too :) you should put that thing on a dyno once you shoo those gremlins away.
Thanks, i was shooting for something that was functional as well as good looking, i think i got it. Once gremlins are gone an i have some more fueling i'll get some numbers up.:)

ak47tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Fix_Until_Broke said:
Where's your MAF sensor? Or is it's removal an RC5 'feature'?
Nope, just a sneaky little hand fabricated flange on the bottom side of the draw pipe.:)

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
Is that tubing the same ID as the maf housing or did you have Jeff alter the maf linearization?

ak47tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
vwmikel said:
Is that tubing the same ID as the maf housing or did you have Jeff alter the maf linearization?
We made sure everything was close to the stock maf specs as possible. Same diameter, and most importantly making sure it was mounted in a straight section so it gets a nice straight flow across it.

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
Very nice. I'm in the process of colour coding my cam cover, and I've just had fuel rails chromed. Can't wait to the get them all fitted now. :)

compared to current appearance of

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
ak47tdi said:
We made sure everything was close to the stock maf specs as possible. Same diameter, and most importantly making sure it was mounted in a straight section so it gets a nice straight flow across it.
I thought about buying the flange and just welding it onto the inlet tube but I got my 3" ATP MAF housing for something like $40-50 shipped off vwvortex. This way I don't have to buy another one if I change my mind and make a new inlet tube. :)