Air SOMETIMES in fuel system.

Andrei Rinea

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Tiguan 4Motion 2.0 TDI 170HP (engine CBBB)
Had massive air in fuel system. Changed Filter, fuel line (black rubber one to the inlet of the filter - seemed to have some cracks), changed t-valve, changed o-ring in filter t-valve socket.

Everything was ok.

But from time to time there accumulates some air in the clear pipes (only the big one - which brings fuel to inj.pump). Air bubble is about 1 inch long disappears immediately after startup (along with tinier bubbles from filter.)

I rev up to 2500 and keep it up for 30 sec. It is all perfect again. Sometimes this bubble won't appear during a whole week.

It is a small apparition and disappears very fast that makes me thing it is not really a sealing problem? Then from where could it come?
Anyway during long 4000+ RPM revving in full load on the road only once had a small stumble.
One stumble in about 20 attempts to keep up 4000 rpm in 2nd gear. At that flow a bad sealing would have showed up at least 3 times???

What do you smart fellas think?
I tend to think that there may be an imperfect but VEEERY small leakeage in the filter (bubbles appear always after the filter) - probably from t-valve shyt. I can't wait to get my hands on a FM100

DIESEL DAZZLER

Veteran Member
TDI
81VW TDI PU,94 GOLF TDI,97 PASSAT TDI,03 ,06 JETTA TDI's,KABOTA DIESEL LAWNMOWER
Air in fuel line ,could just be a vacant space that you see ,but if you get engine stumble it is probably air
B4 's where bad for this .
suggest that you replace the suction line to tank or replace check valve at tank.
Also make sure jumper lines are not allowing air into system when engine is off,any source of air will let fuel drain back

Andrei Rinea

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Tiguan 4Motion 2.0 TDI 170HP (engine CBBB)
Nooooo... not that bad.
Engine doesn't stumble. Well it did once at 4000 RPM in 2nd gear... high flow of fuel there..
No other stumble at even 5000 RPM in 2nd and as I said I did another almost 20 attempts to see if it will stumble and didn't !!!

No outside leakage of fuel at any point. Anyway the fuel system behaves fine so it was just an unimportant thing.. but it bothered so I wanted a "It's ok" reply probably in my mind...

1 stumble was all I had once. Since then none. Although there were times I popped the hood for other things and saw that air bubble in the fuel line once or twice. THAT IS ALL

Anyway thanks for the reply!