AFN to gtb turbo conversion help

Tadinis

TDI
AFN
Hey, so I'm a bit lost atm. Maybe someone can simple up things?
GTB2260vk turbo. Electric actuator to a n75. How to marry those two things up? Maybe get a different ecu, that's not hard to retrofit?

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
You better get an vacuum actuator fitted on it although the electronic actuator has been done on the Edc 15...I think that MSA15 will strugle controlling the vnt actuator on the gtb2260vk turbo...

Tadinis

TDI
AFN
You better get an vacuum actuator fitted on it although the electronic actuator has been done on the Edc 15...I think that MSA15 will strugle controlling the vnt actuator on the gtb2260vk turbo...
My car has edc15 ecu, just dont know on top of my head which one is it.. Would also love to tune the car via obd, but I know that my ecu hasnt got that feature. Is it hard to retrofit another ecu? That I can write on it?

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
My car has edc15 ecu, just dont know on top of my head which one is it.. Would also love to tune the car via obd, but I know that my ecu hasnt got that feature. Is it hard to retrofit another ecu? That I can write on it?
With all the canbus stuff in these cars. I think it would be hard. And get one with a vac actuator. Mtb2260 is what's in my mk6

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI

Hatemi and others have done it.

arazvan2002

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 B6 1.9TDI AVF quattro
If your car is A4 B5, then there is a version with EDC15V (flashable over obd) AVG (AFN) engine from 1999-2000 B5 facelift. You can transplant that to your car. Maybe there is one for Passat if it's the case, We have to check.
You need electronic actuator that can be controlled on PWM, not CAN. One is on GTB2056VL, I don't have the part number.

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
A rare 90 Bhp engine that also had edc15v was fitted to the a4/Passat and had code AHH. It was a de-tuned 110 Bhp with gt1749v turbo, tiny nozzles and 11mm pump from factory. It was 1st vag attempt at making an euro3 Ve tdi engine ! It was only fitted for 1 year in a4 b5 in Uk, don’t know about rest of Europe !

reince

TDI
2006 Beetle
If your car is A4 B5, then there is a version with EDC15V (flashable over obd) AVG (AFN) engine from 1999-2000 B5 facelift. You can transplant that to your car. Maybe there is one for Passat if it's the case, We have to check.
You need electronic actuator that can be controlled on PWM, not CAN. One is on GTB2056VL, I don't have the part number.
A friend of mine is looking at an A4 B5 project after he sold his Wrangler. The suspension and toyo tires will be installed next week before being delivered to the new owner. We'll consider your tips here if take her in.