about to order spec 2 clutch. Which one doesn't make noise? SMF or DMF?

OH3Hoser

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
Just had the lightned flywheel with VR6 clutch installed.

There is only a slight increase in noise when in neutral and the clutch released.

I would have probobly opted for the stock weight G60, just had to get a clutch quick since the DMF went for a crap:( and the only thing I could source fast was lightweight.

Matthew_S

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS galactic blue
IndigoBlueWagon said:
...One option I want to investigate is if we can use the stock A3 flywheel with a VR6 clutch: the A3 flywheel is single mass, but it doesn't rattle.
The A3 uses the 028 105 269B flywheel which works fine in the A4 with a VR6 clutch. I think that is the flywheel most people use with this setup. The actual G60 flywheel has a different part number but I don't know what the difference is between them. Also, the A3 flywheel is a lot easier to get than the G60 flywheel.

Pcar993

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2000 White
Just got my stock weight g60 flywheel this morning. Damn that sucker is heavy. Whats the weight of a stock DMF just to compare?

OH3Hoser

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf
Pcar993 said:
Just got my stock weight g60 flywheel this morning. Damn that sucker is heavy. Whats the weight of a stock DMF just to compare?
I am not sure about just the DMF on its own, but I just weighed the DMF flywheel assembly c/w clutch on the bathroom scale was 33 lbs.