Nothing to see here

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
I’m thinking this is the same car. If so, the car did run, although briefly. Slummy didn’t last long, around here....

-Todd

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
You posted tidbits about this car, on vortex. You definitely mentioned cryogenic treatment on the rotors, although it likely never got done. The location also seemed appropriate.

-Todd

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
Driving past Nice Cars now, it seems they've moved on to Ford Explorers. They must have 20 of them in their lot!

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Driving past Nice Cars now, it seems they've moved on to Ford Explorers. They must have 20 of them in their lot!
That's fine with me...and I'm certain it's ok with everyone else on this forum too.

As long as they stay away from the TDI cars....

Steve

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I could have sworn I read cryoed rotors, on vortex....

-Todd

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Could be just what was in the parts bin. I've seen the same before with an early Mk3 with the Vento dash, it was clearly a GL model but it had the 3 position switch, which was typical for that time, but it also had front and rear fog indicators.

Steve

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Very nice progress.... maybe that switch was part of the Nice Cars premium package...?

-Todd

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
Lookin' good mang. Any chance for that alignment cider soon? Winkie face

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat B4V, ALH engine out of a 2002 Jetta, some IE Rods and ASV Pistons. Nothing drivable yet though
Looks good! I chatted with you about that a few months ago. Feel free to message me but do you adjust camber with the wheels on and the car on the ground so the load is accounted for?

powerstrokeless

Veteran Member
TDI
B4V
This is an amazing story! The B4v fell into the right hands. Sometimes I wish I could tinker with these cars, but I have to bring them in to a reputable mechanic. Even then, you sometimes get shafted.

jhax

Veteran Member
TDI
You can switch the censorship off in your account settings I think

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I probably would have siphoned it directly into the fuel neck, but whatever works for you. Carry on...

-Todd

CrazyQuantumMan

TDI
null
PC police pissed me off so I no longer support this forum. It's run by a bunch of old men jerking each other off about how they can be more PC than the other guy.

I'm sure one of the old men I'm referring to will see this and fulfill my request; cancel my account. I want nothing to do with this place. Probably just going to buy a Tesla and burn all my VW's.

turbodieseldyke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 jetta
I heard this place started filling up with lots of... uh, Persons Of Merriment after the Dieselcaust, but had no direct experience with it. Sorry to hear they got to you.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
No one is forcing you to act this way. It's all in you to constantly break rules and spout out such an attitude. You can take that bs to fb groups. You can cancel your account by just stopping to come here. But you didn't, and that means you just want us all to know how much attention you want.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
I must have missed out on something pretty substantial...lol

Steve
he lost his S and edited every single one of his posts last night, after being banned for what looks like only a few hours, to be extremely vulgar and with the entire purpose of gaining attention and getting "his account removed" who knows why! Seems its all for attention or to "get back at someone" probably me or the person who banned him last night!

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
I heard this place started filling up with lots of... uh, Persons Of Merriment after the Dieselcaust, but had no direct experience with it. Sorry to hear they got to you.
Guess I'm not familiar with what that means. I steer clear of the dieselgate stuff, the forum sorta rubs me the wrong way. I was hoping it would be gone by now honestly..

Steve

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
Guess I'm not familiar with what that means. I steer clear of the dieselgate stuff, the forum sorta rubs me the wrong way. I was hoping it would be gone by now honestly..

Steve
Same here. The board has seen drama of all sorts and people instigating and agitating others to the point they blow up, I suspect that's what happened here. CQM has been given a time out for the time being and we're discussing events to see what transcribed. I'm looking back through posts to see what happened since this seems out of character. For those thinking of modifying their posts relating to the same, we moderators can see edited and even deleted posts, so don't bother. Personally, I dislike drama and apologize if I missed something related to this that caused it to get out of control.

turbodieseldyke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 jetta
apologize if I missed something related to this that caused it to get out of control.
Very possible this all happened within PMs instead of posts.

That said, deleting all one's contributions doesn't affect "the old men who run the place" one little bit, but it does rob the other members of useful information they won't be able to find anywhere else. We're all here to help each other.

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
Very possible this all happened within PMs instead of posts.

That said, deleting all one's contributions doesn't affect "the old men who run the place" one little bit, but it does rob the other members of useful information they won't be able to find anywhere else. We're all here to help each other.
I would agree with that, and now we've been deprived of the new avatar too. :D😅

Steve