98 Jetta

73veedubya

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS 5 Speed
im looking at a 98 tdi with 148k on the clock has a bunch of new stuff on it this is the list that has been done. now my question is they want 7300 is this a too steep of a price?

New Timing Belt
New Serpentine Belt
New Head Gasket
New Alternator Belt
New Fuel filter
New Air filter
New Brakes
German Pentosin Synthetic oil
New Battery
New Windshield
New Headlights

New Head/tail light bulbs

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
73veedubya said:
im looking at a 98 tdi with 148k on the clock has a bunch of new stuff on it this is the list that has been done. now my question is they want 7300 is this a too steep of a price?

New Timing Belt
New Serpentine Belt
New Head Gasket
New Alternator Belt
New Fuel filter
New Air filter
New Brakes
German Pentosin Synthetic oil
New Battery
New Windshield
New Headlights
New Head/tail light bulbs
Yes it is too much ..... and I say that even with you failing to discuss anything about the physical condition of the car.

73veedubya

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS 5 Speed
well its a one owner car no accidents, t Red, sun roof car, clean looking car but i was thinking the same thing that 7300 was too much

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
About $2k too much in this market right now-but if it had 50k miles,different story.....I see nothing about suspension and related parts,any seepage from the injection pump,any seals leaking on turbo,etc....

73veedubya

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS 5 Speed
and i havent really gotten to look at the car as it is in Washington but i emailed the guy. and all they deal with is tdi's mostly the b4v wagons. so i dont know if im being too trusting but they sound like a dependable place.

volcano_pioneer

TDI
1996 Passat B4V
You say "the car as it is in Washington but i emailed the guy. and all they deal with is tdi's mostly the b4v wagons." This is obviously Nice Cars, Inc. in Bellingham, WA. They have mixed reviews (some here in TDIclub.com) and elsewhere. (I visited them in Bellingham and decided NOT to buy a B4V from them.) If you do pursue the car, you must personally inspect it and take a long test drive to make sure you know what you are getting. Would be nice if they had a sterling reputation, but I don't believe that is so. Good luck.

73veedubya

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS 5 Speed
awe well figures i knew they were over priced. just like Golden Beetle of mt, over prices and does a crappy job. so i should just keep my eye out for a good deal, but not one thats too good of one.

73veedubya

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS 5 Speed
well im gonna bail on the jetta from there. i found a mk4 golf tdi here in town for less they want 6000 for the golf and from what i have found that is a steal!

otm646

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 AHU Jetta.
A car like that would go for 5750 max. Everything you listed is general maintenance. Somehow people forget that it is just "kept up" and nothing that special.

73veedubya

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS 5 Speed
yeah i could see how far they would go down but from what i have heard they probably wont move too much on the price. it "says" that they have 4000 invested in new parts including a new paint job