8 months, 7500 miles of pure joy

rainbird

TDI
2012 TDI w/ tech pkg
I purchased a Golf TDI, 4 dr, DSG with tech package in January and have driven it for 7000 miles. I have never been happier with a car purchase and do not regret anything about it. The DSG simply amazes me in how it drives like a manual and does not have any of the automatic "bad behaviors". This is from someone that has driven manual cars for the last 20 years. The presence of torque, just on tap, is addictive as well as welcomed. I have had no issues with any mechanical items, knock on wood. The only thing that has happened is a flat tire, due to a screw on the road, and even this amazed me in how the car handled it. It told me to check tire pressure and boy was it right. I would not recommend you try and change the tire without reading the owners manual, since the process is very specific to this car and takes patience. For someone who researches everything before moving forward, I just wanted to say that I am a very satisfied TDI owner and enjoying being part of the experience.

Scratchy101

Veteran Member
TDI
Returned 2012 Golf TDI, now 2015 Mazda CX-5 & 2018 Nissan Leaf SV
Nice to hear some positive comments.
The VW engineers really did strive to make this a "drivers" car with all the years of knowledge and refined engineering that has gone into the MKVI TDI as well as the DSG.

-=Cheers=-

nickeasy

TDI
Build date 2-11, 2011 Golf 6M 2D TDI
I love mine, too. I have had the TDI since December 2011, 10 months, and am approaching 18,000 miles. The car is a joy to drive and very comfortable on the 500 mile round trips I make each month. No problems.

DubFamily

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328D xDrive
Glad to hear some "happy" stories on here, sometimes i think the doom and gloom gets to be a bit too heavy.

I've had mine for 4 months and have 14,000 on it; and I love it as well. I do miss my R32 at least once or twice a week, but for my needs the TDI was the best possible replacement i could have done. ;)

cardinalkellz

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
In the same boat. 6 months and 10K. Couldn't be happier.

I'm still amazed every day at how well this car handles. I only have a 20 mile round trip commute, about 60% is city roads and stop and go traffic. Even in a dull commute, it's still pure joy.

koojo

TDI
'12 Golf TDI - Candy White - Manual - Tech Pkg
7600 miles and lov'n it!

NewLyme

Veteran Member
TDI
His 2006 Jetta TDI DSG. Hers 2016 Touareg TDI 2013 Golf TDI DSG Buyback
8 months 2 weeks old 31,000 miles still lovin it. No troubles yet.

H0mersimps0n

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
2012 TDI golf with tech package bought new Feb 2012 - now have 24k miles on it and loved every second of the fuel economy, torque, sport suspension, hatch, bucket seats.

Absolutely think the Nav/head unit is a shameful abomination but I can't justify and aftermarket head unit after already spending the $ on the tech (only to get the xenon) and putting 4k a month on the car. It's really the only thing I hate.

Waiting to be off warranty to get it chipped- should be fun from what I've heard.

So yes, there are a bunch of us with non-doom and gloom miles behind us.