64 Mercedes Diesel.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
I would buy that. I wonder which window is broken to allow the leaves into the interior like that.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
I would buy that. I wonder which window is broken to allow the leaves into the interior like that.
I can't tell if the rear window is busted or the headliner is sagging. Maybe he left the window down.

Trust me I want to go look at it sooo bad. I just dont have the time or money for a project right now. Ran and drove 5 years ago he said. The engine was rebuilt at some point, but they didn't touch the top end so he thinks the valves are letting oil past. He said it smoked some when it ran last. He also said he had the title. It would be so fun to drive around to car shows here and there in the summer. Such a cool piece of history.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
You only live once, Go grab it. You could pull the doors off and probably recoup your price. That way when you go down the road the leaves will blow out

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
You only live once, Go grab it. You could pull the doors off and probably recoup your price. That way when you go down the road the leaves will blow out
It sold by the next day. I really wanted to see it. It would be very cool to just drive it down the road once. I really hope it went to someone who will get it back on the road and not just someone who will let it sit and rot into the weeds.

Tdipwr11

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 ALH Jetta
Starting procedure on these are neat. Definitely seems like an interesting car, but probably not worth the work to restore