$5000 and its yours

Status
Not open for further replies.

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat sedan and 05 wagen
https://www.flickr.com/photos/37674324@N07/sets/72157652705309816 PARTS ONLY open to offers
guy fell asleep on I-10, I was in the middle lane coming over the Lost Creek bridge, he was on my left, pushed me into the right median I over corrected and hit the left median. Drove the car home, 60 miles, made it just fine even with the wheel at 9 o'clock. If anyone wants it, its for sale. 2013 JSW, 15K miles. I'm TDI-less again.

Last edited:

kydsid

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
I'm interested but not until there is a title. I've been through the alternative and won't do that again.

elitegunslinger

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI :D
No title... $5000 and a stolen car / damaged car could be yours!

Also the shattered pano roof would probably need to be welded shut unless someone wants to fix some serious damage.

Last edited:

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
No title... $5000 and a stolen car / damaged car could be yours!

Also the shattered pano roof would probably need to be welded shut unless someone wants to fix some serious damage.
car is titled, I have been driving it over a year now, it was never wrecked or painted or stolen, I am the second owner, the first is a lady in Chicago I can give you her number, I add a qt of B100 every tank full with 4 ounces of PS, its a lovely car I want something smaller Buick Encore

dmarsingill

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Sportwagen Turned in , 2000 Z3 Coupe, 2003 Ford Expedition
You should get more from the insurance company. Why are you selling it?

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
You should get more from the insurance company. Why are you selling it?
the car scares me! while attempting to pull into oncoming interstate traffic, 85mph, the car went into neutral, nowhere in the owners manual did it say "mash the gas pedal in those situations", happened more than once. Add all the problems associated with this very complicated engine, I decided to take the money and run. The car is still for sale for parts only. Yes. it has a Blue TX Title but I feel some one may get hurt in this car so its parts only

dmarsingill

Veteran Member
TDI
the car scares me! while attempting to pull into oncoming interstate traffic, 85mph, the car went into neutral, nowhere in the owners manual did it say "mash the gas pedal in those situations", happened more than once. Add all the problems associated with this very complicated engine, I decided to take the money and run. The car is still for sale for parts only. Yes. it has a Blue TX Title but I feel some one may get hurt in this car so its parts only
Something doesn't add up....you say it was the other guy's fault. You probably have full coverage. The insurance will total it and give you more than $5000.....and you never touch it.

What am I missing? Is there money owed or something?

Donald

WagenFan

TDI
2013 JSW TDI Black/Black DSG w/ pano
In three years of mostly lurking this board, this is probably the strangest thread I've ever seen.

kydsid

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
car has a blue TX title, did you think I drove it with no title
No Augie I didn't. I meet you as you might recall at Archer a few years ago to experience our passat because of your sterring issue.

But you said it didn't. The sale price is way low. As in 1/4th of the NADA rough condition trade in value. Is it a rebuilt stamped blue title? Cause this is all very weird.

amstel78

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI [buyback completed 14/1/2017] 2006 S65 AMG
guy fell asleep on I-10, I was in the middle lane coming over the Lost Creek bridge, he was on my left, pushed me into the right median I over corrected and hit the left median.
the car scares me! while attempting to pull into oncoming interstate traffic, 85mph, the car went into neutral, nowhere in the owners manual did it say "mash the gas pedal in those situations", happened more than once.

afarfalla

Veteran Member
TDI
nothing is weird, everything is legit, car is not stolen, I've driven it over a year. Insurance did not total it. Very simple, you give me $5000, I give you the keys you drive it away. It has TX plates on it. You get the car, it runs, it needs two front wheels, but your not getting a title. Parts only. Simple. No mathematical science project involved, you need not be a rocket scientist, I don't want the car. I'm offering it on this forum first, it will be parted out next. The engine and tranny are worth $5000, car has 15K miles on it.

dmarsingill

Veteran Member
TDI
nothing is weird, everything is legit, car is not stolen, I've driven it over a year. Insurance did not total it. Very simple, you give me $5000, I give you the keys you drive it away. It has TX plates on it. You get the car, it runs, it needs two front wheels, but your not getting a title. Parts only. Simple. No mathematical science project involved, you need not be a rocket scientist, I don't want the car. I'm offering it on this forum first, it will be parted out next. The engine and tranny are worth $5000, car has 15K miles on it.
So if you take money from insurance, not fix it, and sell it for parts......without a title.......that is fraud. Even if you sell a whole car for parts, you need the title.(unless it's an older car)

Donald

Status
Not open for further replies.