$500 coupon ?

gerry100

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta sedan MT
We'll probably sell back the '11 Jetta tdi in the spring but still have a $500 Dealer coupon that expires in November.

Need state inspection,oil change in November and POSSIBLY new rubber for the bad months.

Feel funny about changing oil and putting new tires on a car I wont have in 6 months but cant think of an alternative.

Maybe I'll get everybody a VW hat for Xmas

Any noise from VW on this?

ZippyNH

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA TDI SE
The $500 was more of a way to give something to the dealer imo...with the typical service and parts mark-up, it cost them maybe $250-270 to give away cause they are just selling parts they are making $$ on the wholesale side....I'd use it, no worries...it is run like a credit card, just like the $500 card that they sent you in the same package.
Sure you could buy cheaper off brand tires elsewhere....but then it would take some real $$...
I would use the $500 card cause unless you go through the trouble of selling it (risks there), get maybe $400, then buy tires at a junk store, it would be more $$ for a worse product....so using it imo is the best option $$ wise unless you have tons off free time to buy gaser VW parts to eBay at 85% retail ...then buy the time tires.. minimal gains for the time imo, and more risk.