4-post Lift question

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
Anyone with a four post lift, what do you use to lift the wheels off the runways? (other than a different 2-post)

I’ve seen various options. Would love the rolling bridge jack made for the actual model but it’s so expensive.

Reddogg12

TDI
1998 Vw Beetle TDI 259,000 miles 2006 Jetta TDI, 2012 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD Duramax
we had a four post and it had two rolling bridges that are used to lift vehicle off it's wheels. I think thats what it is called. it's like a jack.

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
Yeah the lift manufacturer makes one specifically for the lift, which makes me feel like it’s the best choice, but it’s just about as much as the lift itself was. It’s most likely worth it, just wasn’t sure what the other options might be. The company who sold it to me and dropped it off said they have them at their home and they just use a scissor jack and jack stands. :unsure:

I am not a shop so I won’t be using it everyday, maybe a few times a month at most. I should probably consult the warranty and make sure it doesn’t mention anything about “improper usage”.