2microntech - Helping to Keep Your Common Rail VW Alive!!

arneeche

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI (former), 2012 Jetta TDI (Former), 2014 JSW TDI
I fully intend on keeping my car, probably not going to allow them to do the emissions work on it if it means a loss of power and mpg. I'm sure there are many other members that are planning the same. So I will be trying to get a kit soon.

mr_y82

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have... '11 Golf, 6-spd, 2-door
Not Gone.
Kits are sold out and it would be wise that we all wait out Dieselgate and see what the true future of our cars will be.
There will be many used kits available here on the club as previous owners remove the kits as the cars get turned in, posting them for sale.
After those have dried up, we will all better understand the future of our cars and if it makes sense to mak more.
There are several CP3 kits around as well as some used versions of those as well.
Thanks,
Andrew
Good advice, as always. I am sad to say we might be selling ours by next summer... Might make the most sense for future plans... Also have a frost heater, buzzken downpipe and malone tune... :(

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Should I sell mine? 09 now with 260k miles? I doubt I can find anything as nice for $5100 outright own with high 40s mileage...

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Should I sell mine? 09 now with 260k miles? I doubt I can find anything as nice for $5100 outright own with high 40s mileage...

In your shoes I'd keep driving it and take the fix it money stright to the bank (or toss a few preventive maintenance mods into the car).

Terry270

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf, 10 A3

We're in the same boat as you with 195k now. Take the money and roll on. What are you going to replace it with that looks good and gets over 40mpg and is reliable?

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
We're in the same boat as you with 195k now. Take the money and roll on. What are you going to replace it with that looks good and gets over 40mpg and is reliable?
Only thing that comes close is a GTI...

I know a guy with a Mk7 gti on a highway run will get 40mpg. He also has a stage 1 APR tune :)

Terry270

Veteran Member
TDI
03 golf, 10 A3
I know a guy with a Mk7 gti on a highway run will get 40mpg. He also has a stage 1 APR tune :)
That's impressive if true. But still not close to a TDI seeing how it drinks 93 octane

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
That's impressive if true. But still not close to a TDI seeing how it drinks 93 octane
Actually, bone stock they'll drink 87 just fine. The car will detune itself a bit, but 87 will work fine.

Long winded discussion here:
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13420

That said, I'm not expecting 50mpg out of the gti. So long as it's above 30MPG muxed driving I'll be happy :D

YukonLT

Veteran Member - TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6MT
A friend of mine has a MK7 GTI and he regularly gets 37mpg's and has seen 40 before with a long highway drive. I was pretty impressed.

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
I just realized how far off topic I've helped steer the thread...

Sorry about that.

turborod

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI Sport Wagon
Anyone tried these filter kits on the 328Xd Sport wagon??

My HPFP has already been replaced at 17k ( same Bosch unit as my 09).

Warranty is expiring at 50k and I'm at 40k

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
I'm sure itd work. Just fluid and filters and some hose routing. Making it fit and meet your expectations is the question.

turborod

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI Sport Wagon
Finding the room in the engine bay is the question.

When I do start this or next year I'll post.....

Any used kits available. Please P.M. me.....

swhite

TDI
2011 Golf 2 dr 6mt
Not Gone.
Kits are sold out and it would be wise that we all wait out Dieselgate and see what the true future of our cars will be.
There will be many used kits available here on the club as previous owners remove the kits as the cars get turned in, posting them for sale.
After those have dried up, we will all better understand the future of our cars and if it makes sense to mak more.
There are several CP3 kits around as well as some used versions of those as well.
Thanks,
Andrew
I've been trying to get one since last February and have opted to have my car "fixed" if and when that ever occurs. I really don't like the idea of buying a used setup as it could be a real hassle if its missing parts etc... Andrew I really don't understand why you seem unwilling to make these for those of us who plan on keeping our cars? These aren't tied to anything emissions related(I don't think anyway) so I really don't understand your rational here, too little ROI to justify producing it?
I would love to just get the CP3 kit but with two kids in college the $1600 is more than I can spend right now.

mr_y82

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have... '11 Golf, 6-spd, 2-door
^there are few people, if any, who have purchased these kits, who would ship an incomplete setup. Forgive me for speaking for others, but I think 2micron fans are typically detail oriented... :) edit: best wishes!

Last edited:

03Springer

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GL+ 2013 A3 TDI
I've been trying to get one since last February and have opted to have my car "fixed" if and when that ever occurs. I really don't like the idea of buying a used setup as it could be a real hassle if its missing parts etc... Andrew I really don't understand why you seem unwilling to make these for those of us who plan on keeping our cars? These aren't tied to anything emissions related(I don't think anyway) so I really don't understand your rational here, too little ROI to justify producing it?
I would love to just get the CP3 kit but with two kids in college the $1600 is more than I can spend right now.
Sent you a PM

voilsb

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Are there any downsides to the CP3 pump? My 2012 has 127k on it, and I've replaced two fuel systems under warranty due to HPFP failure. Since my timing belt is coming due soon, I was thinking of a CP3 but wanted to reality check it.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

ATR

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6MT
Are there any downsides to the CP3 pump? My 2012 has 127k on it, and I've replaced two fuel systems under warranty due to HPFP failure. Since my timing belt is coming due soon, I was thinking of a CP3 but wanted to reality check it.

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk
Zero downsides. Well it's a tad pricy, but it's much less than a fuel system replacement.

Jimmy Coconuts

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 JSW, 2010 Jetta, 2011 Q7 Prestige, 2012 A3 Premium, 2013 A3 Premium Plus, 2014 Beetle, 2015 Jetta
My 2 cents, but why stop making the kits? Many are still keeping these cars and you'll sell everyone made. I've told many in my area to look up your kits. If there is a demand and you don't make them, someone else will, sadly.
The Chinese are great at this.

drywaller

Veteran Member
TDI
VDUBS
Are these kits still available? Seems like a great solution to a very real and expensive problem.

Blue91

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen
Are these kits still available? Seems like a great solution to a very real and expensive problem.
Andrew has stated he's not going to make anymore until after the buybacks when he'll know what the actual market demand is for them.

For what it's worth, I will be removing both kits from my car the weekend prior to my buyback appointment (whenever that ends up being). The kits have only been installed since Feb or March 2016, and the car is now parked awaiting buy back. I won't remove the kits yet though just in case I end up needing to drive it between now and then. I can't take the $5000 repair bill risk.

Tons of folks have shown interest and that's great. I am willing to take a deposit to secure them for one lucky buyer if desired. Andrew has stated that he will support whomever buys my kits with the same service as he would if you bought direct from him. So that's a great thing. He was wonderfully responsive when I installed mine.

Thanks.

Fred

iadubber

Veteran Member
TDI
JSW
If for any reason VW denies my buyback because I'm deleted I need to get one of these. So I hope there is at least a final run for anyone that wants to buy.

drywaller

Veteran Member
TDI
VDUBS
Andrew has stated he's not going to make anymore until after the buybacks when he'll know what the actual market demand is for them.

For what it's worth, I will be removing both kits from my car the weekend prior to my buyback appointment (whenever that ends up being). The kits have only been installed since Feb or March 2016, and the car is now parked awaiting buy back. I won't remove the kits yet though just in case I end up needing to drive it between now and then. I can't take the $5000 repair bill risk.

Tons of folks have shown interest and that's great. I am willing to take a deposit to secure them for one lucky buyer if desired. Andrew has stated that he will support whomever buys my kits with the same service as he would if you bought direct from him. So that's a great thing. He was wonderfully responsive when I installed mine.

Thanks.

Fred
Please forgive my ignorance. When you say both kits what are you referring to?

GTOguy

TDI
'13 Beetle TDI 6spd, Rawtek/Malone 2.0 Eco
We are keeping both our '12 Golf and our '13 Beetle. My plan is to use the "Fix" money and install both kits on both cars so please don't leave us hanging. and if there is no "Fix".... I will just have to buy them out of my pocket.

Mike_04GolfTDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Mine: 2019 Golf R DSG, Wife's: 2015 Golf Comfortline TDI
Just so I understand, does the Pure Flow adapter make it so the low side of the HPFP still receives fuel as a lubricant only, which gets returned to the tank, and the high pressure side receives fuel that has been through the factory fuel filter?

YukonLT

TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6MT
If for any reason VW denies my buyback because I'm deleted I need to get one of these. So I hope there is at least a final run for anyone that wants to buy.
Not to stray from the intent of this thread, but I asked this question to multiple reps on the claim line and all of them said that modified cars wouldn't be an issue. They basically said that as long as the shell and motor was there, and that it ran under it's own power they would be accepted. They said the car needs to operable simply so they can move them around easier.

Blue91

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta Sportwagen
Not to stray from the intent of this thread, but I asked this question to multiple reps on the claim line and all of them said that modified cars wouldn't be an issue. They basically said that as long as the shell and motor was there, and that it ran under it's own power they would be accepted. They said the car needs to operable simply so they can move them around easier.

I saw this in the court docs, but I don't know exactly what this means, so...

(Dkt. No. 1685 ¶ 2.6.) Eligible Vehicles are​
Model Year 2009 through 2015 Volkswagen and Audi light-duty​
vehicles equipped with 2.0-liter TDI engines that (1) are covered, or​
purported to be covered, by the EPA Test Groups in the table [in​
paragraph 2.33]; (2) are, at any point during the period September​
18, 2015 to June 28, 2016, registered with a state Department of​
Motor Vehicles or equivalent agency or owned by a Non-​
Volkswagen Dealer in the United States or its territories that (a)​
holds title to the vehicle or (b) holds the vehicle by bill of sale; (3)​
for an Eligible Owner, are currently Operable or cease to be​
Operable only after the Opt-Out Deadline; and (4) have not been
modified pursuant to an Approved Emissions Modification.
Eligible Vehicle also excludes any Volkswagen or Audi vehicle that​
was never sold in the United States or its territories.

YukonLT

TDI
2010 Golf TDI 6MT
I saw this in the court docs, but I don't know exactly what this means, so...

I have seen that too, and asked about it. They claimed that you couldn't do the buy back if you already did the fix, was what it meant. Didn't make any sense to me why someone would try that, but they have to cover all the bases I guess. Who knows...