2016 Cayenne Diesel

austintg

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi A6 Technik
Anything to look out for specifically on a Cayenne? 66,000 miles certified pre owned from Porsche.

Golf Wang

TDI
2016 Touareg TDI Exec
doubtful. If it has the diesel warranty you should make out nicely on it. I got a 2016 Touareg TDI this year and it’s amazing. Good luck with it!

austintg

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi A6 Technik
doubtful. If it has the diesel warranty you should make out nicely on it. I got a 2016 Touareg TDI this year and it’s amazing. Good luck with it!
Thanks! Yeah made sure it had the 120k mile or 2025 diesel warranty. It has bumper bumper CPO warranty for 2 years.

Golf Wang

TDI
2016 Touareg TDI Exec
Thanks! Yeah made sure it had the 120k mile or 2025 diesel warranty. It has bumper bumper CPO warranty for 2 years.
that’s gonna be a great car. Just for comparison - my car came with power train and emissions warranties but no B2B as I bought private sale. I need to replace my sunroof seal as it is separated… $1500 estimate this week. I still don’t regret for the cost I paid for the car and how loaded it is, and the other warranties. So yeah with the emissions and B2B warranties you are covered for a reasonable amount of time against annoying / expensive repairs. Maybe put $100/mo in a little repair/maintenance fund in preparation for that B2B to end.

But seriously - you’re gonna love it man. The transmission is butter smooth and the dynamics of this chassis are amazing for a 5K lb SUV. Especially since you’re getting an actual Cayenne, the sways and suspension are uprated bc Porsche. So your Cayenne with its 406 torque and tight chassis will very much drive like a “Big GTI.” More so than my Big GTI!

really looking forward to hearing your impressions, and some pics!

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Ask the Porsche service department how they feel about servicing them and how parts availability is, and how they are for loaners cars. Don't ask the writers, ask the techs and the parts guys. :D

(I know the answer, I know those guys, LOL...).

austintg

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Audi A6 Technik
that’s gonna be a great car. Just for comparison - my car came with power train and emissions warranties but no B2B as I bought private sale. I need to replace my sunroof seal as it is separated… $1500 estimate this week. I still don’t regret for the cost I paid for the car and how loaded it is, and the other warranties. So yeah with the emissions and B2B warranties you are covered for a reasonable amount of time against annoying / expensive repairs. Maybe put $100/mo in a little repair/maintenance fund in preparation for that B2B to end.

But seriously - you’re gonna love it man. The transmission is butter smooth and the dynamics of this chassis are amazing for a 5K lb SUV. Especially since you’re getting an actual Cayenne, the sways and suspension are uprated bc Porsche. So your Cayenne with its 406 torque and tight chassis will very much drive like a “Big GTI.” More so than my Big GTI!

really looking forward to hearing your impressions, and some pics!
I've had it for a little while now and wow, I really love it! You're so right about the driving dynamics. I feel so confident in it and can drive as fast as I want while getting around 25+ mpg. One of my reservations moving over to SUV life was feeling like I needed to slow down a bit haha.

This Cayenne is actually the lowest optioned I have at the moment. My A6 has all of the creature comforts available, but hoping that nothing will really ever go wrong on the Cayenne since it doesn't have much. Basically the only option is cooled seats and I just installed carplay myself.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Boy now that is something to chuckle at: Nothing to go wrong on a "base" Cayenne because "it doesn't have much". LOL.... yeah, OK. Anything that wears a Porsche badge has more stuff on it than a lot of other cars, even the [mostly Volkswagen] Cayenne.