2015 Golf SE TDI Blue Silk Beige 3 pedals

Farmboy

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf SE TDI 6spd 109k miles; '00 A4 NB 5spd 216k; '96 B4 Passat Sedan 220k
2015 Golf SE TDI Blue Silk Beige 3 pedals - my wife joined the A7 club today. She picked the car up from Chris Farnham (3193) in NJ and is now on the way back to MN with it, while I sit at the office toiling away. :)

cascade7997

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Golf TDI sold, 2015 Golf SE TDI 6MT
2015 Golf SE TDI Blue Silk Beige 3 pedals - my wife joined the A7 club today. She picked the car up from Chris Farnham (3193) in NJ and is now on the way back to MN with it, while I sit at the office toiling away. :)
I called Chris today looking to buy the same TDI. He was late calling me back because he was making this delivery.
Enjoy it!

used to live south of you in Randolph, now in SC

Farmboy

Veteran Member
TDI
Randolph? MN? I live in my own world most of the time, I guess. I'll have to look that up.

Pics . . . I'll see what I can do, but I won't even get to see the car until Saturday . . .

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I hope we don't start calling them A7s. They aren't. Audi makes A7s now... the Golf is a Mk7 or first generation MQB platform.

Farmboy

Veteran Member
TDI
I hope we don't start calling them A7s. They aren't. Audi makes A7s now... the Golf is a Mk7 or first generation MQB platform.
Yeah, that's an unfortunate VAG/VW/AUDI created situation. My spec tells me I have an A7 VW . . .

EDIT: Hmmm . . . I notice now that the forum heading format has changed, A3, A4, A5, A6, while A7 has been supplanted by MKVII-Mk7, even though there is as of yet no Audi A7 forum that I see. Of course, the A3/B4 forum v. Audi A3 forum "conflict" has been left in place. I'll try to remember to call it a Mk7 from now on, I guess . . . I am properly chastised . . .

East of Northfield, West of Cannon Falls, South of Hampton, North of Stanton. That should locate it for you.
Howard
As it happens just drove thru all 4 of those places over the weekend on a multi-path round trip to Red Wing. If I drove thru Randolph, too, I failed to pay attention. Wouldn't have remembered Hampton if I hadn't thought about Long Island when I saw the sign.

PICS!!

VW brought this colour back from their past. My '96 Passat TDI was silk blue, and it was an awesome colour.
Hmmm . . . seems like this color is a little different - lighter? grayer? more metallic? - from what I've seen, but then I've never had the opportunity to put them side by side . . .

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Not trying to chastise, just trying to help reduce confusion for new members who might not be familiar with the old "A platform" cars. :)

tdi90hp

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI 6 speed(gone but NEVER forgotten)
the best part of the OP is "3 PEDALS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"...Thank God VW still sells manuals.....
SAVE the manuals.

Farmboy

Veteran Member
TDI
VeeDubTDI - just trying to keep a sense of humor. :) I'll probably have a relapse . . .

tdi90hp - Right on. I'd have said clutch or manual, but those terms have been subverted by the DSG, IMHO, so I have to say 3 pedals . . . alas, I know the day may come when the 3rd pedal is more work than it's worth, but for now, I can still enjoy it . . .

Farmboy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SE TDI Blue Silk Front Left Low

Gallery -> http://pics.tdiclub.com/showgallery.php?cat=6162

Images are links to to BIG pics

Let me know if you want to see other pics or if I need to do a better job (though I'm not sure I have the equipment, let alone a practiced hand) . . .

Pics are of a 4 day old car, 1436 miles, basically just off the road trip from Burlington VW to Bloomington, MN . . .

Last edited:

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Not to put too fine a point on it, but the outgoing Golf/Sportwagen isn't an A6. The Golf is on an updated A5 platform, a MKVI. Not even an A5.5. And the JSW is an A5 platform with MKVI nose and dashboard. Not a MKVI.

FreezingInSask

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf MK6 TDI
Gallery -> http://pics.tdiclub.com/showgallery.php?cat=6162

Images are links to to BIG pics

Let me know if you want to see other pics or if I need to do a better job (though I'm not sure I have the equipment, let alone a practiced hand) . . .

Pics are of a 4 day old car, 1436 miles, basically just off the road trip from Burlington VW to Bloomington, MN . . .

thank you, can't wait for mine to show up. I think I made the right choice

Farmboy

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks, all.

As for the dealer decal, I'm torn . . . I might enjoy leaving a NJ sticker on the car to give people something to scratch their head about . . .

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
Thanks, all.

As for the dealer decal, I'm torn . . . I might enjoy leaving a NJ sticker on the car to give people something to scratch their head about . . .
I always take them off when they are new, as there is no glue residue to worry about; and it's much easier as well.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I always remove any dealer markings from my cars. If they want to pay me to advertise their dealership I'd consider leaving them on. But no one has offered. :)

Farmboy

Veteran Member
TDI
45.1 MPG

For those expecting better, I'm sure if you'd made the trip, you'd have done so. We seem to drive in a fashion that puts us pretty much right on the EPA numbers most of the time.

Farmboy

Veteran Member
TDI
B5/B10/B20/B99/B100, in NJ, PA, WV, OH, IN, IL, WI, & MN, wherever the car got fuel whatever was at the pump was what went into the tank.

Is there some choice I/we have in this that I am missing?

Seems like none, but I'm happy to learn otherwise . . .