2015 Golf Phase 2 (A/B?)

Georges2015

TDI
2015 Golf
So I did do some searching, I apologize in advance if this has been answered and I'm too dumb to find it.

2015 Golf, 157k roughly. Had the phase 2 update completed when the car was in for some other work recently. I saw that the A kit was done, and was wondering why/if I do qualify for the B kit. Didn't really know about the difference until I had saw mention of it in some other posts.

Now to my question, would I qualify for the B part of the phase 2? Dealership wasn't exactly sure and didn't get back to me on it. I can call again but I'd like to have a bit more knowledge before I do.

Thanks for your time

George

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Hi George- Do you have a copy of the emissions settlement warranty? The PDF version is available online:

https://www.vwdiesellookup.com/pdf/VWCourtSettlement_Emissions_Disclosure_Gen3_Final.pdf

I would suggest reading it 100% and doing a little research on any questions (and the fine print).

IIRC:

Phase 1 = Software
Phase 2a = Software, new sensor
based on transmission and mileage (70k miles for 6M and 40k miles for DSG)
Phase 2b = DPF, DOC, SCR

At 157k miles, your 2015 qualifies for the Phase 2b items, which arguably are the most expensive portions of the warranty fix. The dealer should know that you haven't had 2b, and (if it were me) I'd be a bit annoyed that you haven't received a new DPF from them. The warranty in place now also extends from the date at which Phase 2 is complete, so that's a factor also.

Georges2015

TDI
2015 Golf
Thank you! I know I have a hard copy.... somewhere.

I think I'll take that and the printout showing the A kit was done up to the dealer, and see what they say at that point. Seems pretty black and white but it'll be interesting to see the response.

Wonder why it wasn't done. I should have known and done more research beforehand, but I assumed (my mistake) they would have just done done both if it qualified for them.

I appreciate your time!

hskrdu

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Golf GLS 4D 5M, 2015 GSW SE 6M
Happy to help- I hope they get it figured out. It's easy to say that dealers don't want to give you a new DPF, but I think VW reimburses them anyway. Oh! And be aware of the situations and work duration which trigger a free loaner- it's also in B&W, and not "up to the dealer" as some dealers say. The PDF is a start, but is really just the highlights of the paperwork.