2014 TDI CNRB - overheating "allegedly"

UndercoverHipp0

TDI
2014 Touareg X
Just made an account just to say THANK YOU! This post was incredibly informative and valuable to me when I had the exact same problem.

I was only a family road trip to Florida from Chicago over the Holidays and started having intermittent temperature fluctuations on the gauge but never red line. Long story short the same sensor ended up failing at 10pm outside Disney world, I limped to the hotel and found this post the next morning. Being the Holidays I couldn’t get parts and had no tools but found out if you unplug said faulty sensor you can just drive!

Got it home and the part and even had the sensor snap off during removal process and had to remove via an EZ out. Fresh sensor In and can confirm zero issues!

Couldn’t have done it without the info here.
Thanks again!

kenwood246

TDI
3.0tdi crca
THANK YOU! this is brilliant.
I think i have the same problem ,what brand replacement sensor you use ?

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
Thanks for the very informative post(s)
I don't have that post, but having read it not I may be inoculated and safe.
Thanks again and best regards.

Bradalaide

TDI
VW Touareg 3.0lt
Hi, I too have just registered to pass on my thanks to Turbo abs for going into so much depth re the three heat sensors and there position etc. My wife and I were towing our caravan on holiday and the very same thing happened to us, without your post I would have been in the dark, fantastic thanks, Brad South Australia

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
Hi, I too have just registered to pass on my thanks to Turbo abs for going into so much depth re the three heat sensors and there position etc. My wife and I were towing our caravan on holiday and the very same thing happened to us, without your post I would have been in the dark, fantastic thanks, Brad South Australia
Cheers mate!