2014 SEL 16" tires

nick02

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta silver
Hello, I would like to know if anybody has switched to 205 60 16 tires and if any ill effects... rubbing, MPG loss, 205 60 16 are about 3/4" larger. Thank-you, Nick

dirtysouthjacket

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI Premium 6MT, 2004 Jetta TDI GLS (sold)
I just did last week. I got some new Continental Purecontacts. The speedo now reads correctly, but I haven't driven enough to make a determination about mpg. I think after about 500 miles they will be sufficiently worn in, for me to post back some results. It's definitely not worse so far.

Little Joe

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta HL
The wider the tire the less fuel efficient it will be. The lower the profile the harsher the car will ride and the better the car will handle. There is always compromises........make one thing better at expense of something else
Also the narrower the tire the better it will be in snow.

MK6_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'12 B7 Passat TDI SEL
I kept the same siZE but I'm running continental control contact sport as. The supposed replacement for the DWS. Happy so far...handles way better than it used to....haven't put a legit tank on them yet but I can report back on them later. So far it's more real feeling in turns, more responsive, and a ton quieter. No tire squeal either so far.