2014 Jetta TDi - Key Replacement

mikerob97

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
Folks, I need a replacement key for my 2014 Jetta Tdi. What are folks paying at the dealer for replacement key (fully programmed of course).
Are there other online options for purchasing and programming a key? Or is the dealer my only option?
Thanks in Advance,
Mike

Geordi

Veteran Member
Somewhere between Heaven and Hell. But it is reall
TDI
14 JSW DSG, 03 Wagon 01M, 400k and IPT performance auto!
Do you have pushbutton start? If so, they can't do that at TuneMyEuro - but if you have an actual key, they should be able to help. I just got mine done there, but maybe the person you spoke with was misinformed or they aren't in stock right now?

mikerob97

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
Do you have pushbutton start? If so, they can't do that at TuneMyEuro - but if you have an actual key, they should be able to help. I just got mine done there, but maybe the person you spoke with was misinformed or they aren't in stock right now?
Yes - I do have the push button start feature. Even though TuneMyEuro never asked me if I had push button start, I think the PN for my key identifies it as a push button start vehicle - so that is why they said they could not provide. I received a price from my local dealer just under $300 for key and programming. The key is $135 and the programming is $155.

Geordi

Veteran Member
Somewhere between Heaven and Hell. But it is reall
TDI
14 JSW DSG, 03 Wagon 01M, 400k and IPT performance auto!
They *might* give you a better price on the programming if you squawk at them about that price... It takes all of 10 minutes to program the key, and that is if they spend 5 minutes trying to boot the laptop and find the OBD port.

Charging more than an hour for that is criminal.